You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,
Can anybody advise me, please? I'm currently trying to create new brushes and every time I get so far, AD crashes. This has also happened several times when working with large files. Restarting AD doesn't seem to help as, after recovering files, it crashes just as easily. Things usually improve if I restart the PC but not in this case, it seems.

I'm using: Ad V. 1.5.1. Mac OS X 10.11.6 (El Capitan).

Thank you in advance.

Kevin

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Hi Stokberg,

First, I had 3 current artworks open and was working on 1 (a blank doc made just to create a brush). I was also following the steps outlined in this Youtube vide: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNZbmvjtdmU&t=80s

I made several blobs with the pencil tool (All of them were 'open' shapes as I didn't close them off). I got to the part where I wanted to save a 'slice' as a JPG. In fact, it was at the point where I had just made a folder to contain new brushes and AD suddenly vanished. AD has never frozen; it always seems to just cut out. Just restarting the program doesn't seem to resolve crashing issues with me -I usually restart the Mac completely. On this occasion, that didn't seem to help.

Is that enough info?

Best wishes,

Kevin

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

• Staff

I've followed the same steps, as in the video but used the pencil tool instead of the pen tool, as stated in your steps.  No crash.  I'm able to set the slice, bring up the Export dialog, i then used this dialog to create the new folder and exported the slice without a crash.  I also carried out the same steps and created the folder using Finder and again no crash.  

I'll get one of the other Tech team to swing by this thread and see if they have ran into something like this before.  

Oh, i also tested the same steps on Windows version of Designer and also didn't get a crash.

OK, thanks for trying. Could be something to do with my system, I suppose. 

If I can find any steps I missed mentioning, I'll post them here.

All the best,

Kevin