You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AP] Where can I change shortcut for "last tool"? (L)

A little problem of a very-very new user of Affinity Photo:

The possibility to jump to the last used tool with a shortcut (L) is great, but where in the shortcut-settings can I change this character? (from »L« to whatever)

(I hope, playing in the first hour with the keys, I didn't change it myself! :wacko: ...)

Working since late 90s with PS I have of course a set of custom shortcut keys. So are my first steps in AP to the keys. I need my old workflow. Unfortunately means my old good »L« not the »last tool«. My L was still »magnetic lasso« :lol:

••• MacBook Pro | El Captain 10.11.6 |
••• Affinity Photo 1.6.6 | Affinity Designer 1.6.0
••• English 0.0.2 (Beta) | … I'm sorry!

• Staff

Hi Pixel-girl,

Welcome to the Forums :)

There isn't a specific shortcut for last used tool I'm afraid. Usually to switch to your previously used tool you would press the shortcut for the tool you are currently using again. The L key is the shortcut for the Free Hand Selection Tool.

C

post-12469-0-58971000-1481717605_thumb.png

Please tag me using @ in your reply so I can be sure to respond ASAP.

Hey I R Baboon,

I think it only works if there is only one tool assigned to the shortcut. When I paint in AP I frequently have to switch between the Paint Brush and Eraser, and I can't switch using your method. The reason is, the shortcut B is assigned to 3 tools, the same is for the shortcut E (Eraser). So when I switch to Eraser and wanna switch back to my brush, pressing E just switches through all 3 Eraser tools assigned to this shortcut. There is no way back to the Paint brush. It works perfectly in the Designer though, cause there is only one tool assigned to each shortcut.

Why not do it like in Photoshop? You hold pressed a shortcut to use the tool for a short period of time, and let it go to switch to the previous tool. Or you press SHIFT+[shortcut] to switch through all available tools in the same tool category, like erasers or brushes. That would be nice  :)