You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi everyone. I am new to Affinity Designer. I really love drawing in flat color vectors at the moment, so this is my first attempt at using AD. I didn't realize there was anything in the help files at first so it's mostly just trial and error. The interface is fairly intuitive but I admit I am having some challenges figuring out how to keep line & fill colors consistent.

I'd love to be able to select a line or shape and simply eye-dropper from an existing one. And I can't seem to figure out how to drag colors into my swatches palette and there are a few things I'd love to see added but I'll look for a suggestion thread here :)

I really love the software already. I hope you like this. Thanks for looking!

smoking_woman_affinity_designer_test_zps

• Staff

Hi diane555,

Welcome to Affinity Forums.

Your work is absolutely brilliant! Thanks for sharing it with us :)

To replicate a style of an object, select the object with the style you want to copy, press cmd+v (or go to Edit -> Copy), change to the object you want apply the style and press shift+cmd+v (or go to Edit-> Paste Style).

Good one there! Really like it. 

Mac OS X Catinlina, 2014 iMac, 3.5 Ghz Intel Core i7, Huion Kamvas Pro 22 Graphic Tablet, 16GB RAM, MacOS10.12 || Magic keyboard w/numeric keypad, wireless trackpad, Kengsington Edge Trackball || Flux Capacitor in a secure location

---

I encourage kids to go ahead and play on my lawn. I mean, how else can I make sure the death-traps work?

• 5 months later...