You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi, my first post. I am "graduating" from DXO Optics Pro 10 and PSE 12! As I start to familiarise myself with the develop Persona and a CR2 file I note that the Focus Tab is, more often that not, greyed out. On the occasions that the information is visible it is removed if I switch to the EXIF tab. Why is this? AND can it be changed? I have checked settings etc but have not found a work around. I am shotting with Canon 5DII and Tamron and Canon Zoom and Prime lenses.  Many thanks. Mike

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forums.

When opening a RAW image Affinity is looking for AF Area Height, AF Area Width tags within the EXIF info. As long as this is valid the Focus tab and it's option Show AF Regions should be available. However some RAW files have AF Area Heights & AF Area Widths, this small difference means our tool doesn't pickup the AF data to display. 

This has been passed over to the devs to look into, it would seem RAW files from the same manufacturer can have the small difference, as I compared RAW files from two Canon cameras.