Coyote

NIK ColorEfex Pro4 Preview Image Problem - Affinity Photo

I just tried Color Efex Pro4 on an image and the image preview in CEP4 does not look correct, even though the result that shows up in Affinity Photo when I exit Color Efex Pro4 looks perfect. - exactly what I have seen when I run it in Photoshop. I have attached the images "CEP4 Preview" and "Result" to show the difference. Since Affinity is supposed to work with CEP4 I wonder if this is something I'm doing wrong. Could not find any posts about this.

Coyote

Windows 7 & Affinity Photo 1.5.0.45

post-46022-0-59583900-1481674819_thumb.jpg

post-46022-0-00632600-1481674898_thumb.jpg

I can confirm the desaturation bug. Actually the desaturation also happens with Analog Efex, Color Efex and Viveza, as well as Topaz Adjust, DeNoise and Detail.

I have tested this with 8-bit and 16-bit reference images (which I always use to test colour management problems with a software), jpegs and tiffs.

Other plug-ins that I use seem to be properly colour-managed by Affinity Photo -- I've tested Anthropics Portrait Pro, Imagenomic Noiseware, Nik Dfine/both Sharpeners/Silver Efex.

Additional comment: the desaturation bug is obvious on a wide-gamut monitor. If you use an uncalibrated monitor whose native colour profile gamut is close to sRGB you might not notice the phenomenon. Also, if you use a wide-gamut monitor in the sRGB simulation mode the bug might not be obvious.

Why matters

Sorry, it looks like it doesn't happen with sRGB photos (though Viveza oversaturates with those). Is anybody else seeing these issues (with Adobe RGB and ProPhoto RGB) in Affinity Photo?

Why matters

Still having issues with Nik, Topaz, Imagenomick and Portrait Pro plugins when using ProPhotoRGB. Is anything being done with this?

Why matters

Oh, OK, thanks. As it is, I have to use Photoshop Elements with my plug-ins, and I'd like to fully transition to Affinity, but without it it's impossible. Here's hoping this can be fixed soon.

Why matters

Actually, I've just loaded a special test photo (Microsoft's "Red Bike, Green Bike") into Affinity Photo 1.6.1.93. It's got a twisted ICC profile embedded in it, plus there's a twisted WCS tag used as well. Anyway, my test shows that the main workspace respects the ICC profile but disregards the WCS tag (despite what Mark Ingram said). When sending the image to a plug-in, both the ICC and the WCS profiles are disregarded. sRGB images might not show saturation problems with the plugins because of the monitor gamut, but the correct colour space is disregarded anyway.

Why matters