You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[APh] Colour fill keyboard short cut

Can we have a keyboard shortcut key that applies a colour fill to a selection in AP as in Photoshop. In order to fill a selection in Photoshop you use "shift/delete and this applies the selected colour to that selection. This would enhance the user experience and workflow of AP. By the way i'm a Mac OS user.

Thanks

I'm using an iMac keyboard and Shift+F5 brings up a dialog box that lets me choose either a Custom color, Primary color, Secondary color, Inpainting, or History.  I'm kinda' puzzled by that History option but applying the Colors works as it should.

Hi LilleG

I don't know what version of OS your using but I'm using OS Sierra and sure as hell it doesn't open up any dialog box. That said, if you have to use shift+f5 to bring up a dialog box and then select a colour then that is not a short key cut, I can do that by going to edit and then down to fill. If you are familiar with Photoshop then you will know that hitting the shift key + delete applies the current pallette colour direct. you don't have to go to any dialog box. Now that is a quick key process which at present does not exist in AP. Strange though that hitting shift+F5 for you brings up a dialog box in AP, on my system it simply slides the current system window off screen and hitting it again brings the window back into view so I'm not quite sure why the keys work differently unless it has to do with the way in which OS Sierra works as opposed to previous versions. The DEV team have already said that a short key like in Photoshop does not exist at present in AP. Hopefully in the not too distant future it will be there. Thanks for your comments, its always interesting to see the differences in the handling of Affinity software from person to person. Everybody seems to have different experiences.

I'm still using El Capitan.  It sounds like Sierra has set an OS System Shortcut to Shift+F5.  In System Preferences>Keyboard>Shortcuts>Mission Control, "Show Desktop" does what Shift+F5 is doing for you.  If you want to use Affinity's Shift+F5 for Color Fill, then you can reprogram the Mission Control Shortcut.   

In Affinity Preference, Shortcuts, I have programmed the single letter "f" to bring up the Fill tool, which I can use to apply the primary color to a selection.  That's short enough for me.   Hope some of this helps.