Sign in to follow this  
pixelmonkey

[APh] Lock layer transparency

As a long-time user of Photoshop (boo down with the cloud) and Corel painter, one key feature that Affinity designer would benefit from is the “lock layer transparency” tick box option. I have only played around with Affinity Designer for a day – there is probably a way of doing this with masks, however, I use lock transparency layer alll the time for blocking out silhouettes then paint within the layer. Also there is no support for TGA’s format – still widely used in the games Industry for texture creation.

The lock layer transparency is indeed missing.

In another thread, I asked how to fill the shape on a layer. In PS it's just a matter of locking the transparency, in AP there are a few workarounds, but I do miss the lock layer transparency.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch