You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.5.1.46

If the Windows licence is the same as the MAS one (which I thought it was supposed to be) then you can use it for non-commercial purposes on any machine that you own or control.

The licence is tied to the user, not the machine. As long as you have one licence for each machine on which it's simultaneously installed, it doesn't matter which particular machine(s) you're using it on.

I think what Novak has in mind is does Photo license BINDS to the machine somehow? Let say i buy one license and use it on PC#1. Then after a year i will buy a new PC (PC#2). Can i uninstall Photo from PC#1 (because i won't use it on it anymore) then install it with the same license key on PC#2 and use it for commercial uses.?

Just purchased a license tonight and I've just been trying out the beta for windows and it's just so slow that it's unusable. There is the slightest improvement over 1.5.0.45 but it's far from acceptable. Raw images load slow and I have to wait for simple adjustments to take place. I move a slider and have to wait for the image to catch up.  I don't have the fastest computer: Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1065T-2.9 GHz, 8 GB RAM, 64 bit Win7 and AMD Radeon HD 6570 video board but LR and PS run acceptably. Adjustments are pretty immediate and images load reasonable quick. I'm pretty disappointed I spent $39.99 for software I can't currently use. Wish I could have have tried it before I bought it but there is no trial download for windows. Hope they do get this speed issue straightened out for what look like a potentially  good option for a lot of users like me. If anyone has any advice to increase speed (besides buying a new computer) I'd be more than happy to try.

• Staff

I appreciate very much your good work. The performance improvment in this new beta is noticable, the app starts faster and files load a little faster. I don't know if you worked on the tablet support bur my Wacom pen has never worked so well.

But I found a bug, here are the steps to reproduce it (at least on my system):

• Open a jpg file
  • Use a Level Filter
  • Unsharp Mask filter
  • And then a Denoise Filter. When using this filter the "Level Filter" layer was selected by mistake, so I couldn't make the Denoise filter work and I played a little with the slider and then noticed the selected layer. As soon as I click on the "Background" layer to select it, while the Denoise filter box is still open, AP crash with the error shown below.

attachicon.giferror-ap-005.jpg

Thanks AlainP,

I've reproduced this and will get it passed on!

I think what Novak has in mind is does Photo license BINDS to the machine somehow? Let say i buy one license and use it on PC#1. Then after a year i will buy a new PC (PC#2). Can i uninstall Photo from PC#1 (because i won't use it on it anymore) then install it with the same license key on PC#2 and use it for commercial uses.?

Yeap, that was my question.

Yes, if you use it for non-commercial purposes (I can't remember what the licence says, I have a feeling it says 3 computers - but don't take my word for it, make sure you check). If you use it for commercial reasons (i.e. your job or business requires it) then you need a licence per machine.

When I made my purchase, via phone, as I use 3 laptops and a desktop and have had problems with over three installs of Serif programs in the past I queried number of installs allowed (I could not find any mention in license) and was was informed that it was unlimited for home use.

Missed Alfred's post but I will leave this as is, for further confirmation.

When I made my purchase, via phone, as I use 3 laptops and a desktop and have had problems with over three installs of Serif programs in the past I queried number of installs allowed (I could not find any mention in license) and was was informed that it was unlimited for home use.

I would appreciate any further clarification of/if this is true.

From the Affinity License(!) Agreement:

Except to the extent any rights cannot be excluded by law, you are permitted:

1. if you are a private individual, to download, install, use and run for personal use, one (1) copy of the Serif Software directly on each computer running Microsoft Windows (“Windows Computer”) that you personally own or control.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I am by no means 'qualified' to test a beta issue so my query is - if/when all the changes/additions are found to be stable how will the 'finalised' version be issued or notified. I note that there is no longer a "Check for Updates" in the "Help" drop-down.

Please don't say there will only be a notification in/on this forum - I'm having more trouble finding my way around it than I am with the program, as there is no separation of Photo from Designer, as somebody else has suggested that there be similar to the 'legacy form'.

I am by no means 'qualified' to test a beta issue so my query is - if/when all the changes/additions are found to be stable how will the 'finalised' version be issued or notified. I note that there is no longer a "Check for Updates" in the "Help" drop-down.

Please don't say there will only be a notification in/on this forum - I'm having more trouble finding my way around it than I am with the program, as there is no separation of Photo from Designer, as somebody else has suggested that there be similar to the 'legacy form'.

The forum is a nightmare to use,  hopefully it will be sorted out as its nearer unusable as it is!

I hope I am here good post. I have some questions: Afinity 1.5.0.4.5. When using help I get an error code. Affinity word closed. Use help Beta version 1.5.0.4.6. error code 0x80131509 and become close. Further opening a Raw file at both versions takes 15 seconds