You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Other] Affinity Web-Please!

How about this "Feature Request" for Serif: Affinity Web. A web design program like Adobe Muse. The ability to design websites without coding. There are a few of them out there but none compare to Muse. They are all too dependent on templates that you modify. Sure, Affinity Web could have some online templates to choose from but they would not be necessary; you could build from scratch. Responsive design or a built-in 3 size option (just line Muse-browser, tablet, phone). You could even make Affinity Web able to open Muse-built sites and convert them to "A-Web". Wow! There are also those many 3rd party widgets. One more app to use what those developers have made and options for people who don't want Adobe's subscription model. Sounds like a win-win situation for those widget developers. Heck, there could be instructions on where to find the Adobe widgets on your PC or Mac and where to drag them to the appropriate folder in "Affinity Web." Reopen Web; open a site; check the widgets tab, and voila, 3rd party widgets for your use in Affinity Web! Serif make my dreams come true and let me leave Adobe in the dust!
Oh, and how about a licensing scheme that allow you to purchase your software for Mac and have the same key for your Windows machine... for us who have and use both OSs.
Keep developing and improving Serif!! You're awesome!
PS. Affinity Web would be on my Christmas wish list.

• 1 year later...

I would love to see "Affinity Web" as well. If they did that, I could be rid of Adobe once and for all! PLEASE make this!

I'm not a programmer and I have no idea what it takes to develop software but I think they could probably develop it off the Affinity Publisher format once htat's finished. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe that's where Adobe got Muse, off the InDesign platform.

• 1 month later...

Hello everyone

Was browsing the forum and found this. 

Few days ago, an announcement which ressemble to the death of Adobe Muse CC. 

Now, it's official Non-Coders are orphan. 

I'm not sure if Serif have targeted to heal the caused pain but it would be a great idea. 

Please dear Dev's, don't take this too serious and consider that I personally trust your work and I believe you have nice ideas for the release of a new breath into the creative world. 

Never be the Same Again !
---
Dell Optiplex 5090 SFF
Intel Core i5-10500T @2.30GHz with 12GiB 2666MHz DDR4
Intel UHD Graphics 630 for 10th Generation
M.2 2280, 512 GB, PCIe NVMe Gen3 x4, Class 40 SSD

Windows 11 Pro x64 22H2 + LibreOffice 7.5.3

Now, it's official Non-Coders are orphan. 

this I thought before, for years.... at some point you need to learn some coding basics (a world of difference in coding an entire site with today's standards, tho)... as recommended, Pinegrow (perhaps is like Dreamweaver was, you could start fully graphical and go learning the coding basics thanks to it) seems to be a good intermediate solution (you need to know a bit bout html and css, but it helps you a lot along the way, it seems), and more flexible for what really the web is today. I wouldn't go any other way than full code, (but I have worked as a front-end guy) as I know what happens, but the other day I checked the link recommended in one thread about that tool, which due to my general lack of interest in those tools, I did not even know it even existed, and looked at it a bit more deeply, and must say it seems is quite good...

And knowing a bit the html as to put a div or a title or a paragraph, and little more, and some basics in CSS (is kind of knowing a list of properties and its values) is so different to programming... I have gone to tiny introduction courses of C and Java, enough to let me know programming is not my field, lol (python and VB code, as much....that I can understand and make at the very basics) , I just want to stress this is not programming (so, not as hard, and not requiring same mindset and studies (tho they're ideal to have)). Javascript is more close to that concept, but you don't really need that for static pages (you can always call a pre-made jQuery, is super easy)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

40 minutes ago, SrPx said:

this I thought before, for years.... at some point you need to learn some coding basics (a world of difference in coding an entire site with today's standards, tho)... as recommended, Pinegrow (perhaps is like Dreamweaver was, you could start fully graphical and go learning the coding basics thanks to it) seems to be a good intermediate solution (you need to know a bit bout html and css, but it helps you a lot along the way, it seems), and more flexible for what really the web is today. I wouldn't go any other way than full code, (but I have worked as a front-end guy) as I know what happens, but the other day I checked the link recommended in one thread about that tool, which due to my general lack of interest in those tools, I did not even know it even existed, and looked at it a bit more deeply, and must say it seems is quite good...

And knowing a bit the html as to put a div or a title or a paragraph, and little more, and some basics in CSS (is kind of knowing a list of properties and its values) is so different to programming... I have gone to tiny introduction courses of C and Java, enough to let me know programming is not my field, lol (python and VB code, as much....that I can understand and make at the very basics) , I just want to stress this is not programming (so, not as hard, and not requiring same mindset and studies (tho they're ideal to have)). Javascript is more close to that concept, but you don't really need that for static pages (you can always call a pre-made jQuery, is super easy)

Some question regarding Pinegrow. 

1. Have you tried it? 

2. If you do, is it an alternaive to Dreamweaver?

1)  Nope !  (ahem) . Just seen quite of its features and ways/approaches in their site (*whistles looking at the ceiling*) .

2) Will do so at first chance this week, it's been mentioned quite lately around here. I'm curious now. The alternative as a Dreamweaver thing, I'd be able to answer, as I used at the job for years, different companies/needs.

Edit: Anyways, people surely as (*cough*) skilled as me in web coding, or much more, and probably having used it fully, have reported it to be good.

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

13 minutes ago, SrPx said:

1)  Nope !  (ahem) . Just seen quite of its features and ways/approaches in their site (*whistles looking at the ceiling*) .

2) Will do so at first chance this week, it's been mentioned quite lately around here. I'm curious now. The alternative as a Dreamweaver thing, I'd be able to answer, as I used at the job for years, different companies/needs.

Edit: Anyways, people surely as (*cough*) skilled as me in web coding, or much more, and probably having used it fully, have reported it to be good.

So, what is the point of using Dreamweaver anymore? 

To me, NONE, specially if want to stay far from the cloud. 
1) As I do believe in what I say (often change my opinion, tho), coding from scratch is so much more efficient, 2) because is not like the old days (decades ago) when you only had initially the horrid Frontpage putting so many coding aberrations, and later DW. Today there's a ton of options and not only using these wysywyg, but also using Wix/Weebly, etc, or the much cheaper -free- option of using pre-made frameworks , this needs coding knowledge but not as much, and also covers even in an always-updated way all the huge collection of issues with browsers compatibility, responsive design for mobiles, standards compliance which solves a ton of problems (needed to relax for several scenarios, tho) and for accessibility, etc, as these companies, individual authors or groups already care for that. And so, you can work with bootstrap, grids of any flavor, CSS frameworks, even using conditional css, etc, etc, etc. That's IMO the smartest path, although I still love much more cooking entirely my OWN thing. My own set of CSS classes and XHTML from scratch. but it ain't the most eficient way, with some more custom work exceptions. 

If that weren't enough, as mentioned, there's a good collection of non-coding editors, but of the ones I've seen info about lately, due to curiosity, Pinegrow seems to be one of the winners.

DW and any commercial package is 100% relevant IF you work at a company where all workflow relies on it, obviously. OR, if you aim to get a job at a company which you know they base their pipelines on that software. IMO, in the web there's not such dominating position of this tool like there is in image editing with PS, neither even the domination it one had Flash -now Animate CC-  ...today HTML 5 is way too strong (its better integration in mobiles (and license issues, Apple stuff, etc) has a ton to do with that) and a lot of ppl I know is learning how to code their games in HTML 5. Games, ads, FX, intros, you name it. I myself have not dived into it as the company I worked at till 5 years ago did not need it (and preferred the strict standard by then) and now only code eventually.

Wix / Weebly (my fav among these) / Jimdo / SquareSpace and similar services, tho, have hit harder than I ever thought they would, tho.  I can't stand tho to pay stuff so basic (and domain prices.... in Weebly, maybe now it's better, but you needed back in the days to pay crazy money for a domain, and kind of needed to do it through them to get some more pro features) that I can do by hand. But have needed to handle several of those for clients and friends. All of those are good. (but I dislike the exported code. latest versions of DW, at least you'd control code in the coding window (F5 key if yet remember, lol) . Unlike Frontpage, that thing used to do a cleaner code in the latest times that I used it. )