You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is export crippled on the Windows beta of Photo?

Is export crippled on the Photo Windows beta? I just want to check that that is indeed the problem and not something else before I spend my money on the proper version. What is happening is that I go through the export dialogue, but when the save dialogue comes up, Affinity is the only file format offered.

• Staff

Have you watched the tutorials on the export persona and do you understand that you "Export" you don't "Save" or "Save As"

The beta is identical to the actual release version. Nothing added or removed

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Thanks for your answer. I see what was happening now. When the Windows file dialogue offered me "Affinity files" as the only option, I took that to mean that it wanted to save in afphoto format, when in fact this meant that it was going to save in jpeg format just as I wanted. I had simply misunderstood the wording in the dialogue.

• Staff

It does seem like that wording is confusing, I'll look into that

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon