BrianHermelijn

[AD] Brian Hermelijn - Visual Design & Illustration Journal

And suddenly, a face!

To step back a day or 2, it occurred to me that a lot of what you were/are doing is sort of like what I might expect from an interstellar drone transmission. Schematic. Minimal.

Ever see Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey"? That was the 1st time I ever saw CG. Check out the starting image here. I couldn't even begin to imagine how the vector graphics on the control display were being done. But when 2001 CG in reality arrived, everything was so much more detailed. Useful, I suppose, but not more evocative.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet

Seems like that's a recurring answer that I got from others. As in, schematic/sci fi/space. Yeah heads. I want to improve my ability to draw humans in a way that make sense, so I can incorporate it with shapes or ideas I have written down. Hopefully by the end of the next month, I will get everything down. 

12 hours ago, BrianHermelijn said:

Thank you for kind comment @Phil_rose really appreciate it ;) !

You're very welcojme. Thank you for inspiring me. I nly wish I could draw. It would sure make this whole thing easier!

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Continue to be impressed, not only by your results but also your dedication and playful curiosity. 

Win7 Ultimate x64   |   i5-3570K @ 3.4GHz   |   16 GB RAM   |   120 GB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 660 Ti   |   Huion 1060 Plus

How I make GIFs >>> ScreenToGIF (Windows only, Open Source, Portable, ~600kB)

Wow, this one is gorgeous! The light on the red object is just wonderful. I have been trying to get that look unsuccessfully. Any chance of getting this source file too, to pull apart? I'd love to do that! Thanks. 

Phil

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

8 hours ago, Phil_rose said:

Wow, this one is gorgeous! The light on the red object is just wonderful. I have been trying to get that look unsuccessfully. Any chance of getting this source file too, to pull apart? I'd love to do that! Thanks. 

Phil

The "light" on the 'eye' is commonly known as a catchlight and is simply a white circle.

eyes.afdesign happy pulling apart lol!

iMac 27" Late 2015 Fully Loaded, iMac 27" Mid 2011 both running High Sierra 10.13.6 - Affinity Designer/Photo, Publisher Beta 1.7.0.140, Illustrator CC, Inkscape, Blender, Sketchup, Pepakura Designer, MTC, Pixelmator & Pixelmator Pro + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9 B|  

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials Instagram & Flickr - Affinity Live 19th June 2019

Will send you the file through PM. But one thing I can say is, these dissection won't help as much than learning some of the basic fundamentals:
1. Light
2. Shapes
3. Form

If you learn these three, it will be easier to arrange things to a pleasing composition. But of course its hard to say which dot connected to what, so that's where the experiment part come into play. 

@Phil_rose

@firstdefence got it :) I assume he knows the fundamentals though, which allows you to much easier pull these kind of stuff apart. @Phil_rose

On 8/18/2018 at 2:43 PM, firstdefence said:

The "light" on the 'eye' is commonly known as a catchlight and is simply a white circle.

eyes.afdesign happy pulling apart lol!

I have actually been a professional photographer for 30 years and am au fait with catchlights! ;) 

I was referring to the way the red area is lit rather than the catchlight.

I like turtles!

Windows 10

Pentax K3 and K3-ii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x