You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Brian Hermelijn - Visual Design & Illustration Journal

BrianHermelijn

Here's a first attempt. It's not easy but it is fun! Also a good way to learn all the shortcuts and techniques. Thanks for the inspiration. Have you considered exhibiting these? You might find you have a market. They're very unusual!

background.png

Edited by Phil_rose

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

Hey @Phil_rose glad I was able to inspire you. It's my hopes to do that, with everything I do. Glad to see your own interpretation of the design. 

-

If I may say one thing folks, I don't want the thread to become all you can eat boufe. So if you want to chat or post your own work, please try to do it within your own thread. That way it keeps this thread focused, and avoids confusion.

Thank you folks. :7_sweat_smile:

And suddenly, a face!

To step back a day or 2, it occurred to me that a lot of what you were/are doing is sort of like what I might expect from an interstellar drone transmission. Schematic. Minimal.

Ever see Kubrick's "2001: A Space Odyssey"? That was the 1st time I ever saw CG. Check out the starting image here. I couldn't even begin to imagine how the vector graphics on the control display were being done. But when 2001 CG in reality arrived, everything was so much more detailed. Useful, I suppose, but not more evocative.

iMac 27" Retina, c. 2015: OS X 10.11.5: 3.3 GHz I c-5: 32 Gb,  AMD Radeon R9 M290 2048 Mb

iPad 12.9" Retina, iOS 10, 512 Gb, Apple pencil

Huion WH1409 tablet