You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Brian Hermelijn - Visual Design & Illustration Journal

BrianHermelijn

On 12/29/2016 at 6:11 AM, BrianHermelijn said:

Minor revision of https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/31582-brian-hermelijn-visual-design-journal/?p=157686

I felt the colors was too constraty so decided to tone it down a bit and make it feel much softer overall.

post-44238-0-94277300-1483020670.jpg

post-44238-0-94277300-1483020670_thumb.jpg

I think a client would pick you up on putting the $ sign after the number when it should be before. Other than that I love the layout. I love the flow of the colored boxes!

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

1 hour ago, Phil_rose said:

I think a client would pick you up on putting the $ sign after the number when it should be before.

It depends where you are, Phil! For example, they apparently often put the $ sign after the number in French-speaking parts of Canada such as Québec.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

16 minutes ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

It depends where you are, Phil! For example, they apparently often put the $ sign after the number in French-speaking parts of Canada such as Québec.

I live in Québec... In Canadian-English,  the $ is put before the amount and there is no space. In Canadian-French, the $ goes after the amount and there is a space between them. 

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

3 minutes ago, AlainP said:

In Canadian-French, the $ goes after the amount and there is a space between them.

Thanks, Alain. That sounds like the way the euro symbol is generally used in mainland Europe.

I’m guessing that in printed material the space should be a thin space, as used before a question mark or exclamation mark.

Alfred spacer.png

2 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Thanks, Alain. That sounds like the way the euro symbol is generally used in mainland Europe.

I’m guessing that in printed material the space should be a thin space, as used before a question mark or exclamation mark.

I don't know if a "thin space" is required, it could depends of the font used, but it has to be a non-breakable space for sure.

-- Window 11 - 32 gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060
-- iPad Pro 2020 - 12,9 - 256 gb - Apple Pencil 2 -- iPad 9th gen 256 gb - Apple Pencil 1
-- Macbook Air 15"

13 hours ago, αℓƒяє∂ said:

Really? That's very interesting. I didn't know that. Thanks for the knowledge! I just see Americans doing it all the time and it has bugged me no end (or 'to' no end, as they would say!) but now I will have to become someone who couldn't care less (or could  care less as Americans WRONGLY put it!!!)

I like turtles!

Windows 11

Sony A7iii

Sony A7riii

Sony A7Rii

Sony RX10 Mkiii

Canon G5x

Mavic Mini drone

A partridge

A pear tree (occupied)

www.philrosephoto.com

19 minutes ago, Phil_rose said:

now I will have to become someone who couldn't care less (or could  care less as Americans WRONGLY put it!!!)

Alfred spacer.png

On 7/5/2018 at 4:05 PM, BrianHermelijn said:

Seems like my thread is turning into a coffee shop. Shall serve some beers too while I am at it. ;)

Beers? In a coffee shop?? :o

Apologies for hijacking your thread, Brian.

Alfred spacer.png