You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[AD] Brian Hermelijn - Visual Design & Illustration Journal

BrianHermelijn

Thank you for the kind words Madame. Sometimes all of these thoughts can become like ticking bomb in ones mind, and not having someone to communicate it with, makes it even worse. So letting my thoughts out in a journal like this for example, allows me to make myself feel better and also learn from other peoples whom went through similar experience.

So that I can apply into situations like these. I will not stop, I will continue learning and exploring.

-

Simple banner for an Art Discord I am in for

challenge that I will be participating in.

post-44238-0-97787000-1489369383.png

post-44238-0-97787000-1489369383_thumb.png

Final Design

post-44238-0-52117600-1488997949.png

---

I am realizing even though Webflow do gets the job done, I want to convey the idea by using mainly motion (After Effects) or tools that allows me to do that, than worrying too much of the functionality of breaking things.  Because when you use tools like Webflow, you still have to play around with using the correct settings (Flexbox,floating, position, jquery etc.) however, when you use tools like After Effects, you can convey the animation or interactive of the idea without having to worry about the extra work.

So in a way, a real interactive way of conveying the idea to the client, but not worrying about the coding aspect. So in my case, I am realizing I am more of the person that wants to show the idea in an interactive manner, without having to worry about finding a jquery code that allows me to go full screen mode on a given design, or finding a jquery code to fill in the missing customized part that I need.

-

Good point. 

How do you get so many ideas for your designs so quickly? :) I always ran out of idea. I was never able to finish dailyUI challenge. Maximum i can go is a week.

Follow me: Instagram | Dribbble

@zunaoid

I stopped with the Daily UI due of it not giving any kind of benefits aside from just the aesthetic part. However one way I go about it is always sketch out notes or insights in my notebook. For example that one you quoted, initially started of me looking at our own local website and recalling what F-I was doing, which is "What If" project.

So I went about asking myself what I would do differently when it comes to movie sites etc. which made me come to that design. This all started on paper (always do). 

But some interesting things you can do is look at your local websites, and see what you would do differently and whatnot, like go through the process of asking questions to yourself. This works best for local sites you already know about.

-

As for the current designs that I am doing, I simply save a lot of things that inspires me. Especially minimalism type of work or the other thing I do is shape exploration, and the ones that looks interesting to me, I turn into the designs you see me doing on a daily basis.

Hopefully this answers your question. Probably went off the tangent a bit.

I like your work.  :)

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

The word is... it is inspiring! Yes, definitely, it is inspiring.  :)

Have confidence, it's good stuff.  :)

Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

Reminds me a lot of my years revealing manually photo negatives in the university labs ! :)   (it was a a bit dark sinister basement...) 

I guess for the image treatment, it reminds a lot that which was produced in some of the revealed photos...

@SrPx

For some reason I am picturing a really dark horror type of film in my head from what you said.  :ph34r:

At the same time, probably would have wanted to take some shots in such room, to get some of the juicy shadows transitions happening in the rooftops or just from the objects alone :)