jackamus

Objects and guide lines

It is not possible to move horizontal or vertical line object if it is laying on top of a guide line. I have to move the guide line first and then move the line. This defeats the purpose of having guide lines.

To Mask or not to Mask: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows Of outraged shoppers or to take arms against a sea of troubles And by opposing them end them?

Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.6 AD version 1.8.3

Locking guides it's a must have, it's not so useful a guide line who can be moved by accident... because then, you lose the accuracy thinking that it's still in the desired position... :(

I agree. When I used to use Seriff's DrawPlus I used to keep asking for angle guide lines.

To Mask or not to Mask: that is the question: Whether 'tis nobler in the mind to suffer the slings and arrows Of outraged shoppers or to take arms against a sea of troubles And by opposing them end them?

Mac OS Mojave Version 10.14.6 AD version 1.8.3

This is not a bug per si. There's no way to lock guides at this point in Affinity Designer (to avoid keeping selecting them by accident).

Thanks for raising this issue. We will take a look at it.

Yes, it's been a long time now and the Guide lines still are easily moved by accident.

Seems like a simple thing to put a lock on the guidelines manager page.

Maybe it's more difficult than I think it would be. Or maybe it's been done and I don't know where to lock the Guidelines.