You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Clearer separation between products please

Could the different products be more clearly separated on the forums. I get totally confused what product someone is posting about as often they neither say mac or windows or which product they are posting about. I know there is a big overlap but its very confusing as it is.

It would indeed be more comfortable to know immediately which software refers to a post. I am only looking for info on AD and I constantly open messages that concern AP and are of no use to me and it quickly becomes discouraging.

I prefer the CommunityPlus system with which the software is clearly identified (1) and where one can from the start sort (2) between the software.

post-37692-0-12853300-1481547576_thumb.png

It isn't _that_ much of a deal now, but you saw how easy it was with the Photo-windows-beta for people to put stuff in the wrong topics (because they don't care, are confused or just don't know that there are other products :P). If Serif adds more products to the Affinity line down the road it will only be chaos. Better to split it now (feature requests and bug reports per product instead of per OS, sticky on top to ask people to specify OS or something (because bugs can be valid for both OS-builds) than wait before the chaos erupts and you need to clean it :).

I think its sufficient to split in the block in two - or offer two main sections:

APhoto & ADesigner and everybody is happy - until Publisher comes hopefully 2017 along...

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications 

And why separate Win and Mac products? They look, act and perform the same on both platforms... or am I wrong about that?

The products do indeed share code for the backend (behind the scenes stuff) but the user interface (although it looks the same) is different on Win / Mac. Therefore certain bugs are platform specific.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

The products do indeed share code for the backend (behind the scenes stuff) but the user interface (although it looks the same) is different on Win / Mac. Therefore certain bugs are platform specific.

ok - but we can live with that very well as is.

Perfection is for gods.

Better keep it simple and not over complicated for some minor differences.

Mac print publishing X-Press & Adobe hostage, cooking on extrem high level, subscribing with joy to US Cooks Illustrated & Foreign Affairs, the british Spectator and the swiss Weltwoche - absolute incompatible publications