You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta (1.5.2 - Beta 2)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes

Requirements: Purchased Affinity Photo (1.5.1)

Mac App Store: Not Submitted

Download: 1.5.2 - Beta 2

Hello everyone,

This is the second in a series of customer beta builds intended to improve the stability of the new 1.5.1 App Store version of Affinity Photo. We'll be doing these for a few weeks, then we will update the App Store version. This beta will sit alongside the App Store version and not interfere with it - although your settings will not be shared between the two versions.

As this is a stability beta, it is suitable for production work and should be used in preference to the App Store version if you need any of the fixes it contains.

Fixes

- Fixed RAW / HDR on macOS 10.7, 10.8.

- Improved reliability of automatic lens corrections.
- Fixed some cosmetic stepper issues in Tone Mapping.
- Fixed a frequency separation crash in 32bit mode.
- Allow PSD import to skip over ‘psdM’ blocks.
- Fixed Undo Brush crashes.
- Suppress message about beta files being incompatible with MAS (they are not).
- Fixed issues which could make the Library fail to load.
- Fixed a potential crash-on-close bug.

- Fixed a TIFF issue which was preventing people from working on existing documents, or loading some TIFF files properly.

- Fixed spelling issue that inserted the correctly spelt world without deleting the incorrect word.

Thanks,

Affinity Photo Team   :ph34r:

Awesome work!  Thanks for not letting up on the pedal after the 1.5 launch.

Just a couple of things that are still around from what I've reported before:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/21204-mesh-still-shows-in-liquify-persona/

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/31041-frequency-separation-macro/

The first one is just an annoyance.  The second one though would be a great help for those who use FS frequently.

Hi, I've just installed the beta but when I run it I am asked to purchase a retail version first. I don't want to do this at this stage as I want to confirm it can handle the raw files from my Fuji X-T2.

Hope you can help

Regards

Nigel

Hi, I've just installed the beta but when I run it I am asked to purchase a retail version first. I don't want to do this at this stage as I want to confirm it can handle the raw files from my Fuji X-T2.

Hope you can help

Regards

Nigel

Hi Nigel

The betas are for those who have already bought the software so they can check fixes to issues they may have had as well as try out new features. If you want to try the software first then I would recommend getting the trial from the site. We are currently in the process of updating these to the latest version but they should be available soon

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

• Staff

Hi Jornerik,

Can you elaborate a little more? What do you mean with go wrong? Not sure if those shortcuts should have any effect while in Panorama Persona.

The brush icon there performs a different function (it adds to the source Image mask), while the one you find in Photo Persona (Paint Brush Tool) is just a "regular" paint brush tool.

In Panorama Persona you can set the brush size using the [ and ] keys or through the control in the context toolbar.

It's all true what you say, but I forgot for a moment that it was not an ordinary brush in Photo Persona and when I enlarged the brush as described I left a paintbrush symbol and could not get it away again. Try it yourself and I think you can better understand what I mean. It is on my imac

Regards Jørn

Is there a way for me to submit bug reports with crash logs and steps to reproduce?

The Focus Merge feature has yet to work for me with the 1.5.1 production version.  It either simply stops making progress or it crashes out entirely.

when  photos are opened in  develop persona   on  27in imac 10.8.5 32gb ram nvidia  graphics card photos are badly  distorted as well. when i used Canon's software just to check (NEVER EDIT) lol u can  really see  the  difference. i have  canon  camera FF and  canon glass and  3rd party glass i  used  tamron  24-70 and  images are opening  up distorted, No lens correction  will not  do the  trick to  fix  this. edges are distorted and  cropped and  every thing  pin-cushions inward if i'm  saying  this  correctly.  i never had  the  problem  before with  previous  affinity photo versions but  i realized  every image  i had  to  go  in  and  use the correction  i  thought it  was  me  but  it  wasn't. i even  checked using my  old photoshop cs5 after converting  to dng and  doing  the  camera  raw  edit  and  solidified my  findings.  this  is  not so good but   hopefully  this  helps to fix  the  problem. 

If you are in Develop Persona and change Raw output format in Develop Assistant from 16 to 32 bit then the change first will be performed next time a Raw file is opened. That means you need to open a Raw file to determine if the Raw output format is set correctly. When not set properly, it is necessary to open the raw file again for that change to take place. It is similar to go across the river to draw water

hilsen Jørn

PS. Am I doing something wrong?

I have found a workaround method that works for my part. If you have a small picture open (e.g.. 1  jpg image) then you can always go into Develop Persona and Assistant Options and select the desired Raw output format before you open your Raw file.

It's a little easier then first open the raw file set Raw output format, close the raw file and reopen it with the new Raw output format.

Lens Correction:   Now, this is no doubt an excellent silly question.   Samsung Galaxy S7, shooting in Pro mode, and getting 32 bit DNG image files.  Is lens correction available in Affinity Photo for Samsung Galaxy cell phone cameras?

Let me write, I appreciate AF does accept 32 bit image files smack from the cell phone.

Pro cameras are a pair of Canon 6D's.    There, cell phone is not for professional use........or is it?    

How many other AF photogs are using cell phones for imaging?

MacBook Pro 8,3, two of them,  two NEC MultiSync PA272 and a PA 271.

Cheers,

David

After looking over a problem someone was having, I caught a bug in the Assistant rasterizer. If you add an effect such as a gaussian blur or inner shadow to an image layer and then go over it with the eraser tool, there should be an Assistant dialogue and an automated correction of converting the image layer to a pixel layer. However, there is this result of undoing the effect on the erased region. If I convert the image layer to a pixel layer manually, I do not get this result.

post-27616-0-82610500-1482201947_thumb.png

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

If i create a spare channel this channel will not be saved in the PSD file. Sometime it is. Sometime not. I don't understand, why it's only saved sometimes. But it's very important to have the additional channels as alpha channels in the PSD file.

can "ESC" be used to hide "Assistant".. and other dialogues like adjustments or layer effects etc. Because keeping an eye on layout and pressing "Esc" really helps to hide the dialogue boxes along with "apply or cancel" options..?

This could really be helpful... 

in the perspective grids.. is there any way to show some actual horizontal and vertical lines in grid.. so the image vanishing points could be matched with those horizontal or vertical lines in grids..

updated: I'm sorry.. I got it. .by drawing ruler guides. 

Edited by mfarooqi

It's bug i think... in selection tool..

Please follow the following steps to get an idea.

BUG #1

1. select some area with rectangular/Elliptical marquee with "add" option

2. Then select "subtract" or "Intersect" option from toolbar

3. now start selecting from within already selected area, the original selection starts dragging

4. If i start selection from outside previously selected area, no marquee appears (that should be visible to see if there is anything working or not)

BUG #2

1. If I first select some area with any marquee tool., Rect, Ellip or freehand 

2. Now intersect with freehand marquee tool, if started intersection from within previously selected area that doesn't work as mentioned above. but also if started "intersecting" from outside of previously selected area, that doesn't work at all and deselects everything as well.. 

BUG #3

1. If  intersect option was remain selected in last actions under marquee tools.. now when marquee tools is selected to select some area, .. a very new selection on blank area with marquee tools (where intersect/subtract option is already selected), nothing happens .. that should select something as first level selection. 

BUG #4

1. similarly as above.. i started selecting a very complex image with magic, lasso (polygonal) tools .. and option was previously selected as "subtract" and  i forgot to change "add" option from "subtract" and made a very precise marquee selection and all gone when I finished selecting area.

So please 2 features are literally required. 

1. if any option under marquee is already selected "new", "add", "subtract", "intersect", then first selection  should behave as "new" selection.. 

2. if selection is started from within already selected area, then marquee tool should convert into "move" tool.

thank you

I hope I put some reasonable words.

Hello, after the crash "garbage collection is off" i've installed the 1.5.2 beta 2, it doesn't crash but the raws, some cr2 and raf are totally black, no landscape to see… and in "profil" there's no button for camera profil, i jumped from 1.3 and i'm loosed, thanks for help .

Andy, this is the most amazing beta upgrading service I have seen in my 38 years in the profession.

AD and AP have been great investments for my business so far, and the betas just keep on coming without crashing drama--production stable.

Take a well deserved bow Affinity Team.

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

Hi,

I am not sure whether what I am experiencing is a bug or just an un-intuitive way the software is doing things.

When I have multiple files open (in Affinity Photo 1.5.1) and click on the 'x' to close the individual tab/file it prompts me to save it first (if it needs saving), when I click on Save it does the save but then fails to close the file/tab. I then have to click on the 'x' of that tab again in order to close it.

When closing the application it does prompt to save unsaved files and closes the whole application ok. It seems to be just ignoring the close aspect when dealing with multiple tabs and unsaved files.

It's definitely workable but seems rather unintuitive to have to close the tab/file twice because the command is not carried over post save prompt.

Frankster

Hello, after the crash "garbage collection is off" i've installed the 1.5.2 beta 2, it doesn't crash but the raws, some cr2 and raf are totally black, no landscape to see… and in "profil" there's no button for camera profil, i jumped from 1.3 and i'm loosed, thanks for help .

Hello,

Camera profile is a feature that has been omitted over the versions and is very regrettable !

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.