You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I can't get Affinity Photo 1.5 via Apple's App Store

I clicked the link from Serif for the upgrade to Affinity Photo 1.5. The link took me directly to the App Store, but there was no update button. It just says 'open' and when I clicked 'open' it opened the 1.4.3 version. On the App Store window, I clicked on updates, but the Affinity Photo is not listed under the updates. What can I do to get my 1.5 version and my free pack of macros?

Thank you for your help.

It sounds like there is something buggy going on. You are the second person this happened to. And from understanding your description, you did the right thing by going in to the App Store and in to the Updates section. Looking there for myself, I can see that the most recent version is 1.5.1, so I don't know why it's not showing for you.

I wouldn't think it would matter, but did you try uninstalling Photo, and then open it again in the App Store? Maybe it's hard for the system to update because it thinks it is only updating from the previous version, 1.5, whereas it is actually updating from 1.4.3, a much earlier version.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Since there are different Mac App Store interfaces for different countries, it might be helpful for those with this issue to mention which country version they are using. There may be some server related problem only affecting one or a few of them.

Regardless, several people have had success signing out & then signing back in with the same Apple ID used for the original purchase, so maybe try that before uninstalling the app.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

Following Pruus' suggestion, I went to my purchased app tab, and though Affinity 1.4.3 already was installed on my desktop, the status indicated I should "install." I did that and now have 1.5, so thanks!

Perhaps there's an old glitch wherein some earlier installs don't "read," therefore updates are not made available unless the installation is repeated, which brings things up to date in the process. Just a guess. I'm not too savvy in such things ; )

Similar problem here. I had Affinity Photo 1.4 on both my MacBook Pro and iMac. 

On the iMac the App Store notified me the update was available and I downloaded and installed without a problem.

However no update message from the UK App Store on my MacBook Pro [even before downloading on iMac] and when I clicked on the update button it showed that there were no updates available.

I followed Pruus suggestion on the MacBook and was able to download and install 1.5.1 without a problem.

Any suggestions as to why I got an update message on one computer and not the other?

lol no problem.

So it sounds like the update refreshed on its own. You said you went to the App Store already in your original post, and the update wasn't there. So I'm not sure how this was fixed.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!