You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[Multi] Add search function to Preferences > Keyboard Shortcuts

Please could the Preferences search box also search the Keyboard Shortcuts?

At present if I am trying to find an action to check / alter the Keyboard Shortcut I have to know where that shortcut resides.

If I don't (and I may not even know whether a shortcut can be assigned to a given action) then I have to trawl through the whole list.

Even better - filter the shortcuts by the search term to remove all the options that I don't want to see.

Case in point: I'd like to find whether I can assign a shortcut to Show Rotation Centre, and have gone cross eyed looking for the option!

Thanks.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

• 3 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

As the number of functions in Affinity increases so does the need to be able to find the shortcuts.

Please could the developers give confirm that the search function will be added to the Keyboard Shortcuts?

Thanks.

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro

Another oddity of the Keyboard Shortcuts preferences: The entry for Undo shows the last action performed as the title for the shortcut...

eg Undo Select Layer or Undo Move Handles

This is confusing! It should simply say "Undo"

Also, I can set the same shortcut (in my case J) for both Break Curve and Join Curve and not get a warning that there is a clash.

This will cause the Join Curve action to fail when the key is pressed, with no clue to the user why it didn't work.

And, shouldn't the text for Join Curve (under Pen and Node tools) actually read Join Curves (plural)?

• 2 months later...
  • 5 years later...