You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What Will Be the Focus of Designer 1.6?

The latest update to Affinity Designer was mainly focused on UI design, and it did a fantastic job; the addition of constraints, symbols, and assets have made Affinity even easier to use.  I'm curious about the next update; what will it focus on?  Can we expect an update for illustration or something else?

Roadmap of AFFINITY DESIGNER, feature updated after the release of 1.5

Please find below the current feature roadmap for Affinity Designer. The list is a selection of features from our own internal roadmap we would like to share with our users. If a feature you would like isn't on the list then feel free to create a new post so everyone can discuss it. We read all the feature suggestions and consider each one very carefully.

The idea is the list will never get longer. As we complete and release features then we will replace those features with new ones.

Pro Printing

-Phase II transparency flattener

-Bleed area guides

Illustration & Design

-Mesh fill tool

-Mesh warp/distort tool

-Knife tool

-Calligraphic line styles

-Arrow head line styles

-Export slices previews with actual export data                 

-Pages 

-Text features including Bullets and Numbering

-Knockout groups

-Multiple Effects/Fills/Strokes per shape

-Convert Pixel selection to Vector shape

Usability

-Replicate/Blend

Please feel free to ask questions about the features on the list but don't post new feature requests in this thread, just create a new post. 

• Staff

I hope that the programmers will chip in to this thread, but they have said a number of times in the last few weeks and months that 1.6 will focus on stability and improving some of the existing features (I hope I haven't misrepresented them, perhaps someone remembers exactly what was said)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I hope that the programmers will chip in to this thread, but they have said a number of times in the last few weeks and months that 1.6 will focus on stability and improving some of the existing features (I hope I haven't misrepresented them, perhaps someone remembers exactly what was said)

Thanks so much for the quick reply.  I look forward to seeing what they do to improve things.

The release policy in my company is a repeat cycle of one New Feature release and two or more (up to five as I remembered) Maintenance releases. (Since there are always more bugs to be fixed than the urge of new features ;) )

Not should if Serif uses the same strategy.

The Boss is watching you.  :ph34r:

The release policy in my company is a repeat cycle of one New Feature release and two or more (up to five as I remembered) Maintenance releases. (Since there are always more bugs to be fixed than the urge of new features ;) )

Not should if Serif uses the same strategy.

Are you referring to a major release like (v 1.X) or a minor release like (1.X.5)?  I was referring to the major releases.