You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Can someone help with Color management?

I'm trying to figure out how to integrate Affinity Photo into my ACDSee Ultimate 10 workflow.  And the default values for color management makes the color and tonality fairly close between the two, but they aren't really the same.  I prefer the rendering in ACDSee a bit better than Affinity.

Color  management has always been a big gray area for me, I never feel comfortable in anything I do along those lines.  And any changes I made to the Affinity Panel didn't seem to make a difference, so I am reluctant to go any farther and screw things up any more!

Can someone review the two color management panels in the screen print below and make suggestions on how to bring the two a bit closer together?

31581609915_869664f6bc_b.jpg

Thanks guys!  I think I might change the color engine in ACDSee to Microsoft ICM and see if that brings them any closer together.  Unfortunately Little CMS and Microsoft ICM are the only two color engines ACDSee supports.  

Does anyone know what engine Affinity uses? They, (ACDSee and Affinity) aren't radically different from each other, I doubt if I would have even noticed them not matching if I hadn't gotten a wild idea to officially check, but once I did, I thought ACDSee was a bit 'crisper' and brighter in color and tonality.

• Staff

The Affinity Setting is the document working colour profile - it shouldnt be set to a monitor profile. Affinity will use the OS specified monitor profile - you're probably seeing a double colour conversion with those settings.

For soft proofing use  a soft proof adjustment and select the output profile. Remember to turn off the adjustment on final export