You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

List of compatible Cameras and Lenses for automatic lens correction

Hi,

With Affinity Photo 1.5 you wrote that automatic lens correction is available for many combinations. Is there a full list of supported camera  / lens combinations?

I opened a NEF took with a Nikon D3300 and The Nikkor 35mm 1.8 which should be both very popular. I did not recongnize any automatic correction when the RAW-File is opened in Affinity (I opened the image with the default Finder Preview (space key) and saw no difference between the preview and the opened image in Affinity Photo.

Lens Correction is activated in the Settings.

Did I something wrong? Is this Camera / Lens not supported?

Thank you

Sascha

• Staff

Hi Sascha,

Here is the list of the supported Lenses, currently supported by Affinity Photo, which I'm sure will be added to over time. It will only apply the corrections if needed, so sometimes you may not see any difference. Some improvements have been made to this and are in the latest beta build available here.

We cannot add lens profiles to Affinity Photo?

Will Serif (Affinity Photo) add more Carl Zeiss lens in the future for Lens Correction?

I work with two Zeiss prime lens. Affinity Photo displays "Unknown (33) 85mm" instead of the correct lens name .-(

Thanks.

Hi Sascha,

Here is the list of the supported Lenses, currently supported by Affinity Photo, which I'm sure will be added to over time. It will only apply the corrections if needed, so sometimes you may not see any difference. Some improvements have been made to this and are in the latest beta build available here.

Thank you for providing the information

• 1 month later...

Hi Sascha,

So Affinity Photo is using Lensfun profiles for automated lens correction?

How can I tell whether my lens is recognised correctly by AP? it appears to be on the Lensfun list, however, when loading the RAW image in AP, the EXIF does not show the make (Sigma) and (un)checking Apply lens corrections from the Develop Assistant does not appear to cause any changes...

I can answer my own question: in AP 1.5.1 my lenses are correctly recognised and correction applied upon opening the image. What confused me is that toggling the Lens Correction setting in the Develop Assistant does not dynamically modify the displayed image. But, upon opening two copies of the same image with Lens Correction on and off, respectively, the corrections become apparent. I'd still wish that the GUI indicated that the/what lens was recognised and corrections applied, though.

• 9 months later...
On 13.12.2016 at 5:08 PM, AtelierCunha said:

We cannot add lens profiles to Affinity Photo?

Usually the lensfun database allows to make custom updates (see for example here), at least when used in a system wide or shared manner. - But I somehow doubt that the Affinity APh software installs and (re)uses the lensfun database in such a general system-wide dynamic shared manner. - Instead it may be probably more used and accessed in a static APh custom lib context manner and thus has always to be updated as a whole with the supplied APh software versions!

☛ Affinity Designer 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Photo 1.10.8 ◆ Affinity Publisher 1.10.8 ◆ OSX El Capitan
☛ Affinity V2.3 apps ◆ MacOS Sonoma 14.2 ◆ iPad OS 17.2

17 hours ago, v_kyr said:

But I somehow doubt that the Affinity APh software installs and (re)uses the lensfun database in such a general system-wide dynamic shared manner. - Instead it may be probably more used and accessed in a static APh custom lib context manner and thus has always to be updated as a whole with the supplied APh software versions!

FWIW, in the Mac version some (all?) the dynamic libraries are visible at path /Applications/Affinity Photo.app/Contents/Frameworks. Many of them have names beginning with "liblib," which I think indicates they are specific to AP. One of them is "libliblf.dylib," which judging by the "lf" part could be the lensfun lib.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• Staff
1 hour ago, Evil79 said:

Hi!

Is Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 16-80 mm F2.8-4E ED VR lens supported for iPad version?

Evil79 

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums. 

On iPad, Apple camera RAW technology controls the raw supported raw list. The first post in this thread explains that each new iPad OS adds more cameras and so the support depends on what iOS version you choose. 

The lens list is not on the forum afaik, and is the complete Lensfun database of around 750 lenses. 

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 4 weeks later...

Hi, my Panasonic FZ1000 shows in the RAW development always a vignette. In the list it is listed but no effect.
Is the camera and the lens not available as a correction?
I hope you can adjust that.
Greats Dieter

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

Hello, again the question. If the camera correction also works with the Panasonic FZ1000, it is included in the list of supported cameras. If not, when is this to be expected or what fixed, automatic correction option is there then.  Lens correction is switched on.
Now that the Shadow / Lights feature has been improved, I would also use APh as a RAW development. I hope for answers.
Greats Dieter

Germany, Affinity Photo WIN 1.7 , LR6, WIN10

• 4 weeks later...

Hi there

I have a Panasonic DMC-TZ110 (TZ-100, ZS-100, and other designations in various locations). I note that the TZ-100 is in the current lensfun database but I am not seeing any lens corrections on my raw files. Is Affinity clever enough to know the different EXIF camera/lens name worldwide differences for the same camera? i.e. is my EXIF of a TZ-110 camera going to be picked up as a TZ-100 in the lensfun database?

Thanks.

Paul

New Affinity user, Windows 10 Store version 1.6.2.97

I think I can answer my own question.

Have played around a bit with Darktable - it uses the Lensfun data too. It does not recognise my camera from EXIF (TZ110) but I can select the TZ100 camera type and have the lens corrections applied. I edited the appropriate Lensfun data file to replace TZ100 with TZ110 and thereafter the lens corrections occurred automatically with Darktable.

So I will raise a support ticket with Lensfun to have necessary aliases added for the different names for the TZ100/ZS100 camera and I guess ultimately this will all flow though to Affinity Photo.

Previously I have been using DxO Photolab for my RAW development but have to say I think I am getting better output using Affinity Photo so I just need to get the lens corrections right (so data is a little more correct for my manual adjustments ['easy' when there are straight lines around, otherwise less so]) and then I think Affinity Photo may be my main photo editing program.

Paul

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Am running into problem loading lens data on Mac desktop and on laptop; both running Mac OSX Mojave. I followed the instructions in the "adding lens data" tutorial and downloaded the data and loaded it into the lens corrections data base but the program still does not recognize the lens in the Develop moduel; however it recognizes it in the Develop module whe applying a lens correction filter! Is ther eanother step that has to be followd to load the data into the develop module?