Sign in to follow this  
zuzaem

Lagging and crashing on Win 10 Home

I bought Affinity Photo yesterday because I was happy with beta.

I work on ASUS - Win 10 Home edition, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 950, Intel i5 2.20 Ghz, 8GB RAM + Wacom Intuos.

After a few hours of work in Photo Persona on cutting and arranging SIMPLE Greyscale images it started lagging. Today it crashes on Open File.

There is virtually no way I can use it at the moment. Please help.

I have problems launching Affinity photo on windows 10 pro 64. It hangs or refuses to launch......I had high hopes for this app, frustrating and I am very disappointed... any solutions? Bug fixes, updates?

Hi.

I reinstalled Affinity.

I figured out crashing was caused by TIFF files exported from Affinity. Both Affinity and Photoshop Elements were crashing on Open File, when I chose a folder with Affinity TIFF exports. 

I am now exporting to PNG and both applications are stable.

Still Affinity lags terribly, when working on my files. These are Grayscale 16-bit files, about 1 - 2 MB each. 

The Task Manager in Win shows it uses about 60 - 70% of the CPU but the fan works like crazy in my Asus laptop all the time. Is it something to do with how it uses memory?

I hope this can be fixed somehow because generally the workflow in Affinity is great...

I figured out crashing was caused by TIFF files exported from Affinity. Both Affinity and Photoshop Elements were crashing on Open File, when I chose a folder with Affinity TIFF exports. 

It sounds like the thumbnail provider that you have for TIFF is crashing when it attempts to generate the previews? Do you have a thumbnail provider installed?

I might have some sort of a thumbnail provider... I had problems with thumbnails on Win and was trying to fix it. I was a Mac user for years so I am quite new to Win 10. Could you please give me a hint how to find it in the system?