mconn

vanishing macro library and crashing

I spent a few hours playing with macros after updating to 1.5 and had no problems. Until, suddenly, my macro library window is empty upon opening Affinity Photo. Multiple restarts and Force Quitting does not help the library to repopulate. I can select "Create New Category" but nothing results from it. When I make a new macro I have no issues, but when I attempt to save it to the library Affinity Photo consistently crashes.

I have just updated to 1.5.1 and my issue was not resolved with the update.

Is anyone else seeing vanishing macro libraries? Anyone have a solution to this? I've attached a recent crash log to this topic.

Matt

Matt

Hi mconn,

We have seen this issue once before during the beta and we could not get to the bottom of it - we will continue to investigate.

In the mean time, please hold the Ctrl key whilst starting the app and choose "Reset Macros" from the resulting dialog - this will reset your library to factory default and hopefully solve the problem!

Hope this helps,

Andy.

In fact, if you have not already done the above, perhaps you could do me a favour..

We now suspect that a certain recorded action is causing this issue - so if possible, could you email the following file to support@seriflabs.com:

/Users/YOUR USERNAME/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/user/macros.propcol

This is the file which holds the library - if we can get a copy of a broken one, we should be able to fix the issue immediately..

Thanks,

Andy.

Hi Andy.

Thanks for the reply. I sent the email with a copy of my "macros.propcol" file. Hope it helps resolve the issue. 

Keep me updated.

Matt

Matt

In fact, if you have not already done the above, perhaps you could do me a favour..

We now suspect that a certain recorded action is causing this issue - so if possible, could you email the following file to support@seriflabs.com:

/Users/YOUR USERNAME/Library/Containers/com.seriflabs.affinityphoto/Data/Library/Application Support/user/macros.propcol

This is the file which holds the library - if we can get a copy of a broken one, we should be able to fix the issue immediately..

Thanks,

Andy.

Any progress on this Andy after receiving my .propcol file?

Matt

Matt

I also have the same issue (AP 1.5.1 MAS version) and send you my propcol as well.

cheers 

I have tried contacting and emailing Andy on this but have not had any responses – I'm sure they are swamped with bug fixes and comments, but the silence is a little unusual and annoying from a customer service aspect after his initial replies to my problem were so prompt.

I have found a workaround to the problem: delete the program and reinstall it from MAS. For the time being that has solved my issue and has at least allowed me to access and develop macros again. The obvious downside to this work-around is that all my custom settings (keyboard shortcuts, NIK software plugins, the numerous macros I made before the vanishing bug, etc) were lost.

Matt

Has any more work been done on this issue as I am experiencing the above problems too? A great program and even better with macros but when these disappear and/or crash all the advantages over PS start to look a little weak. Please help as I am finding this issue very frustrating!

On windows I had the same issue. Exiftool was blocking macros.propcol after a crash of Affinity Photo. After restarting Photo macros.propcol  open in exiftool prevented Phot from loading the library. Killing all instances of exiftool reenabled the macro library

I created a macro but subsequently all macros dissappeared, the library dissappeared with no input from me (that I am aware).  Do not know where they went and cannot recover nor create any new macros.