You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Quick Shapes

I'm just guessing here, but do you by chance have the fill colour set to white? If so, as soon as you choose another tool, your shape will become deselected and thus appear invisible due to the white fill on a white background.

High-End Photographic Prints

Hmmm, acting normal for me?

Can you tell me your exact steps, maybe I can help more then.

Hmm, I'm not on Windows, and it works fine for me. Sorry.

Hi Jimmy

Assuming you are using Affinity Photo (due to mention of the flood fill tool) rather than Affinity Designer:

If you are using the ellipse shape (blue icon), at that stage it is a vector object, not a raster area, so the pixel flood fill tool won't work on the vector ellipse.

To re-colour the ellipse, you can pick the Move tool, then pick the (white) ellipse in the layers panel, then pick a colour, as DesignMeister was referring to.

To draw a new coloured ellipse, you can pick a colour first, then pick the Ellipse tool, then drag it out.

collipse.png

To work in the way that it sounds like you think you are working (using an ellipse as a pixel area), first add a pixel layer, use the ellipse marquee (long-press on the rectangle marquee), drag out an ellipse-shaped pixel selection area, then use your (pixel) flood fill (or a brush) and selected colour to fill the selection area (then, if desired, deselect the selected area)

fillipse.png

It's the difference between colouring in an ellipse-shaped area (marquee) on a sheet of paper, and putting down a separate coloured ellipse-shaped cutout piece (QuickShape) on top of the sheet of paper.