You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

What is it with cats?

I just searched the forums for posts containing the word "Cats" and it returned THREE pages full of results?????????

:)

High-End Photographic Prints

• Staff

Apparently cat ownership is almost a Serif development team requirement ....... ;)

I have heard it discussed as a possible first question in the interview... No word of a lie

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

I think I've just entered the twilight zone??????

If I mention that I like cats, would you fix it so that AP doesn't open my images up at more than 100% unless I specifically ask it to?

• Staff

If I mention that I like cats, would you fix it so that AP doesn't open my images up at more than 100%?

It may help, add it to your footer and see what happens ;)

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Done :)

Oh wow - I just searched for "dogs" and got 2 pages full of results - then I searched for "Elephants" and actually found 5 posts????

This is starting to freak me out :(

Couldn't have said it better myself (I think)?

I believe he was being ironical with the signature, meister ... oh, you too... but still you added it to the sig...yeah I know, I should wipe mine(tho they are tutorials, but overloading the servers), leave it clean, pure forum white...

One solution could be to open the images with your brain ( I mean, not with it, that must hurt. Or break the lcd panel, depending on your head consistence/density ) at 100%, allowing this to almost being able to double click the magnifier icon...  //Joke. But really, if you double click the magnifier icon, a dancing cat appears. Is amazing how they don't take the time to document these Easter eggs. A lot of users, we would appreciate it.

About the cats/dogs stuff ... WHY THERE'S NO RABBITS!!! I want RABBITS. !!!!!  I have come from PS, and they HAVE rabbits.  Will there be RABBITS in 1.6 ????

This is the RABBIT feature, like it is very well implemented in PS. I DEMAND IT. NOW :

RABBIT 3.0.36b 

270px-Rabbit_in_montana.jpg

Now, in a completely more serious tone, I had already asked about this (worrying) obsession before... :

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/23975-affinity-meet-the-team/?p=136093

AD, AP and APub. V1.10.6 and V2.4 Windows 10 and Windows 11. 
Ryzen 9 3900X, 32 GB RAM,  RTX 3060 12GB, Wacom Intuos XL, Wacom L. Eizo ColorEdge CS 2420 monitor. Windows 10 Pro.
(Laptop) HP Omen 16-b1010ns 12700H, 32GB DDR5, nVidia RTX 3060 6GB + Huion Kamvas 22 pen display, Windows 11 Pro.

UPDATE:

Even weirder "banana" returned 7 results!

As S.L. Clemens once observed:

"A home without a cat -- and a well-fed, well-petted and properly revered cat -- may be a perfect home, perhaps, but how can it prove title?"

A home with an infinite Affinity cat is better than a home without a cat is better than a house without Affinity. Already confirmed experimentally.

UPDATE:

"monkey" returned 1 whole page, and even weirder "banana" returned 7 results!

What are you doing? You did not know that you can find everything here?! Even the answer to the ultimate question of life, the universe, and everything?!  ;)

UPDATE:

"monkey" returned 1 whole page, and even weirder "banana" returned 7 results!

What have you got against bananas? banana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gifbanana.gif Or monkeys, come to think of it?!! monkey.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

I think a cat is kind of like the Affinity mascot. I realized a few months back that is probably why a lot the staff have avatars of cats, and TonyB has a tiger one called "Top Cat." Wait a minute....Tony....tiger....I wonder if he likes Frosted Flakes.

I got a secret for you. Click on View and then Customize Tools. You will see an extra hidden shape preset.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Yes I know. It was my making that discovery that started all this cattery in another thread "Serifers and their cats .... ". 

I also discovered from another user that you don't need to go into customise either. Just hold down the Alt key (on a Mac) and click on the Shape Tool in the Tool Palette. 

There is no cat option in the customise area, or when you hold ALT and click on the shape icon (at least not for me in the latest 1.5.0 version).

I am on the 1.5 App Store commercial release for Mac. The cat shows as the last of the vector shapes if I hold down the Alt key when selecting a shape. It is also the last of the shapes if you go into View > Customise tools. I believe Windows users need to hold down the Shift key.

My toolbar was customised, so it was hidden.

I have now found it - oh dear! I was hoping this cat issue was all just a bad dream :(

There is no cat option in the customise area, or when you hold ALT and click on the shape icon (at least not for me in the latest 1.5.0 version).

Unlike AD, there are no individual Shape Tools available when customizing APh. A modifier key works for me when clicking on the toolbar icon or flyout triangle in both apps, but in my versions (on Windows) it's Shift rather than Alt.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Arghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!