You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Last decent(lucky)photo

Sharkey

Great picture of the aircraft, real shame the landscape got in the way :)

High-End Photographic Prints

Great picture of the aircraft, real shame the landscape got in the way :)

I was going to say, "Great picture of the landscape, real shame the aircraft got in the way!" Nothing that a little inpainting can't fix, of course....  :lol:

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

To get rid of that landscape would take a LOT of inpainting :)

Haha, nice. Quick shutter speed! :o Or just a slow airplane. :D

Used 'chromatic aberration removal' on the plane plus a bit of local edge sharpening. Original really quite motion blurred (f14/200th/iso200).

Estimate plane speed up around the 250mph - guessing.

Totally forgot to redo the landscape :angry:

Regards.   Sharkey

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Sharkey - where was that photo taken? Was it in Scotland - it looks really nice.

Loch Tummel, seen from the 'Queens View'. The Queen in question was Victoria when on one of her tours. The photograph was taken in 2013.

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

Cool :)

Loch Tummel, seen from the 'Queens View'. The Queen in question was Victoria when on one of her tours. The photograph was taken in 2013.

For those wondering, it's near Pitlochry. ("A popular destination since Victorian times, it is often thought that the location was named after Queen Victoria who did, in fact, visit in 1866 . However, it is more widely believed to have been named after Queen Isabella the 14th century wife of Robert the Bruce who used the spot as a resting place on her travels") detective.gif

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

According to an old black and white Sherlock Holmes film I once saw - Queen Victoria visited Scotland and was shown the very first submarine - to which she replied it was very sneaky :)

For those wondering, it's near Pitlochry. ("A popular destination since Victorian times, it is often thought that the location was named after Queen Victoria who did, in fact, visit in 1866 . However, it is more widely believed to have been named after Queen Isabella the 14th century wife of Robert the Bruce who used the spot as a resting place on her travels") detective.gif

Absolute. My bad.

Thought I recognised that face. Hello again.

Capture One was binned some time back; in fact, the developers realised after the multi-point contact we were having that daily that it just was not working for me. The filing system being the most problematic followed by everything else  :lol: .. Oh , I think they felt sorry for me as I was let off the rest of the years rental :D ..

AFP gives me similar heartache sometimes, but as my rate of image production is now so low I can research whatever problem I am having and go back and do it again. Overall this software is more forgiving and intuitive for me. Intuitive should always be a personal word; 'one man's meat etc'..

How is the USA feeling pre-inauguration?

Regards    Sharkey

ps.. File browsing and selection are now handled by FastRawVeiwer. Limited functionality (no editing stuff) BUT Brilliantly fast viewer/binning combined with stand alone free Bridge for non-RAW images (mostly completed images and scans).. All good and FAST now ;) ..

Thought I recognized that face. Hello again.

Glad to hear all is well with you Sharkey, BTW I'm a proud Canadian, I am not a US citizen. I have continued success with Capture One, however, I was very pleased to see that Affinity Photo recognizes my Pentax 645D and its native RAW files in PEF. I have already developed a great respect for Affinity and hold great expectations for their future.

Most importantly, have fun and enjoy. AP is a good way to do that. Thanks for your response, it's good to hear from you.

Hi Sharkey,

Is there chance from to see the original file?

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

Glad to hear all is well with you Sharkey, BTW I'm a proud Canadian, I am not a US citizen. I have continued success with Capture One, however, I was very pleased to see that Affinity Photo recognizes my Pentax 645D and its native RAW files in PEF. I have already developed a great respect for Affinity and hold great expectations for their future.

Most importantly, have fun and enjoy. AP is a good way to do that. Thanks for your response, it's good to hear from you.

OOooppss!

Hi Sharkey,

Is there chance from to see the original file?

??

I meant the RAW file, sorry if I was not clear.

www.kodiakmedia.at

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

I meant the RAW file, sorry if I was not clear.

Oh! I understood the request. The response was 'why'?

Oh! I understood the request. The response was 'why'?

Just to compare it with your actual results! I would only

need to see a 1200+ jpeg unprocessed, straight out of

the converter.

I do believe there is more tonalities to be pull out of your

recorded data. Based on what that jpg would show, I could

eventually suggest another rendition from the RAW file… 

if this would be of any interest to you!

www.kodiakmedia.at

(Charlychuck)