You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

List of Resources.

Richard S.

Hi,

Just an idea, but would it make sense for staff to create a sticky thread, which basically acts as a list of all resources shared by members?

The list could display each contributing member's name, followed by the list of their resources, or alternatively, listed by type of resource (Macros / Brushes) etc.

This would prevent having to scroll down through potentially hundreds of separate threads.

The users could still post their specific threads here, but the top thread could be made sticky - listing them all.

All the users / creators would need to do would be to request that their resource gets added to the list.

If each member who thinks this is a good idea "likes" this post, it will then be easier for staff to see if the community likes this idea or not (without having to post lots of separate +1 posts.)

Just an idea :)

Thanks.

High-End Photographic Prints

Never knew that existed - thanks.

I have a question to this topic:I am having trouble finding macros for Affinity Photo. I was impressed by the actions photoshop can look at (like Sandstorm, Watercolor, Winter, Water, Type01, Newspaper, Firestorm, Sandstorm, Glitch, Sketch, Graphitum, Sci-Fi and such).

Now i'm wondering if someone could help me find a list of macros or if there is a easy way transfering such actions to affinity photo macros - I know that the basic way would be looking through the steps and recreating them in Affinity Photo. But if it was that easy how come nobody has already done it?

Genki131,

The macro functionality is a new feature and has only just come out of Beta in the newly released 1.5 version.

I would presume that as time goes on, more users will create and share macros. Also, I'm just guessing, that after (if) the macro feature gets extended, more complex macros will be able to be created.

• Staff

Hi Genki131,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Affinity Photo doesn't support Photoshop actions directly. There's no feature parity between the two programs so certain steps/actions cannot be replicated in both programs. Your best bet is to try to recreate them in Photo with the features currently available. I'm sure more actions will become available as we move forward as DesignMeister said.

MEB - I think you meant to say "Affinity Photo doesn't support ACTIONS directly"  :)

Ah got it. I just saw a affinity photo review on facebook, saw the page with the features and bought it practically instantly, since i figured that the adobe monthly payment is nothing i want to encourage. So i didn't know the quite short history of the tool. But i am really looking forward on what people will be creating and how the Software will develop. 

I also found Affinity Jack's tutorial on the disintegration - i might take a look on how to automate that behaviour into a affinity photo macro (but i might as well not be successful). If i will actually handle creating a functioning macro i - of course - will reply and share it.

• 2 weeks later...