You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Henry Stahle

I have recorded my first macro "BlueSketch" (attached below). It is doing this: if you import a scanned sketch, graphite on paper like mine, it is sometimes hard to use the digital tools to trace it. It can be hard to see what is sketch and what is digital linework. The macro adds a new raster layer on top of the sketch, fills it with blue, turns the layer into Colour mode, and adds new empty top layer for your linework / inking. Just like the layer function in ClipStudio, where I use it all the time. Put the macro in the Library and the BlueSketch is instantly done. I hope it works for you the same way it does for me.

bluemacro.jpg

BlueSketch.zip

Henry, thank you for this.  sadly I would loved to have used this for my sketches but after unzipping and putting in my macro folder when I try to import the macro from the program it does not appear in my macros folder.  Using the AP windows version. 1.5.0.45.  John

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1

Henry, thank you for this.  sadly I would loved to have used this for my sketches but after unzipping and putting in my macro folder when I try to import the macro from the program it does not appear in my macros folder.  Using the AP windows version. 1.5.0.45.  John

Hi John,

I think you have to do like this: Go to the Menu / View / Studio / Macro. Find the little arrow in the right corner of the pop-up that says "Import". That opens up the macro BlueSketch if you have unzipped it and you know where ;) to find the unzipped file with the file ending *.afmacro. Now select the third from right little icon that reads "Add to the library" and that saves the macro in the right place (file ending *.afmacros). Next time you open the Library it is supposed to show up there.

Hi Henry that's what I have been doing but the file is not recognised.  Only the three macros that are there and installed. I note that my three macros are *.afmacros whereas yours is *.afmacro.  I changed the file type to read *.afmacros then tried to import but program stated unexpected format.  Update...... You have to have a document open to import a macro.  Works a treat now.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800 X. Nvidia GeForce RTX3060 64Gb Ram
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for Windows • Windows 11 (23H2 build 22631 3235) Home
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2.4 for iPad Pro 10.5  • iPad OS 17.3.1