You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hello everyone

I am using windows 10 Pro 64 bits (Affinity Designer 1.5.1.43 )

when i want to  prevent a text (paragraph) to go out of his frame height (just like photoshop)

- it won't 

so when i open a PSD file i found a mess

please help me 

PS : there is a gif attached to explain the problem

thank you

post-38537-0-10447800-1481357707_thumb.gif

The reason for this is that having text that is nominally part of the page but you can't see it, seems pointless and confusing. I'm afraid you'll have to delete the surplus text manually. If you want to fill the frame with Lorem Ipsum, then use Text > Insert Filler Text and it will adjust dynamically to fit the frame.

The reason for this is that having text that is nominally part of the page but you can't see it, seems pointless and confusing. I'm afraid you'll have to delete the surplus text manually. If you want to fill the frame with Lorem Ipsum, then use Text > Insert Filler Text and it will adjust dynamically to fit the frame.

thank you very much the "Insert Filler Text"  was very useful  :) 

I can't see a native way to do this.

You can work around the issue by drawing a rectangle, with snapping on so that it is the same size as the text frame, and dragging this in the layers panel to become a mask.

The mask even seems to resize correctly with the text frame - so actually quite a good method!

post-43096-0-39589500-1481384705_thumb.gif

Win10 Home x64   |   AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 3.7GHz   |   48 GB RAM   |   1TB SSD   |   nVidia GTX 1660   |   Wacom Intuos Pro