You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to Purchase Affinity Photo for Windows

I'm experiencing a bug on the Affinity website when I attempt to purchase Affinity Photo for Windows via Paypal.

Every time I click Pay Now on the final Paypal purchasing page, it just keeps redirecting me back to Affinity Photo's payment method page. No error messages, no congratulations, just a redirection to the payment method page.

It is worrying to be clicking Pay Now multiple times, but thankfully I have not been charged for it.

Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

I think Affinity is great. A long time Pshop user I own many Serif products and gladly buy Affinity. but why the rip-off and who gets it? AFFINITY is (bargain) priced at 39.99 USD.

1. I live in Australia and have US$ available but cannot use them.

2. US$39.99 translates to AUD 53.85

3. Your rotten site demands AUD 63.00

4. Apple and Adobe always rip off the Aussies, are you doing this too?

Do not reply to this with a general whiffle email, respond to each point by number or do what Adobe do and ignore the lot.

Update: I used the direct Credit/Debit payment method instead of PayPal to determine whether the problem was coming from the card or the website.

My bad, it turns out the card itself was declined. But I only knew this from the notification that the website gave me.

Perhaps you should look into the notification for when the payment is declined for those who use the PayPal route.

• Staff

Douglish,

Yes, you need to create an Affinity Store account to buy Affinity Photo for Windows, unless you already bought Affinity Designer for Windows or the Designer Workbook.

As for the price, we have matched the Mac App Store prices, where we set one price (the US dollar price) and all other prices follow. I think the exchange rate is well out of step at the moment and I've been told that Apple review those rates occasionally. When that happens I think that it will drop back closer to reality. However we think that we should sell the Windows version for the same price as the Mac version

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

wan, thanks. We changed PayPal error handling for Photo launch, so it seems like we now need to improve error feedback.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• 2 weeks later...

wan, thanks. We changed PayPal error handling for Photo launch, so it seems like we now need to improve error feedback.

nope been trying to buy via paypal and still brings me back to the payment option screen ,and yes already bought  designer via paypal. Apparently if you had a paypal name like xara group or number or email I could pay u directly then it would be fine as my card wait in limbo..nope tried the affinity email  to pay u guys still cant pay ..would like to buy photo dang now it seems time is running out what gives .

• 5 months later...

Hello,

I'm from India. I see Affinity Photo Windows version costs US $39.99. However, for India the pricing is India Rupee 3100. With current "US $ to Indian Rupee" currency conversion, the price is only India Rupee 2600 (or lower). Hence the charge in India Rupee is around 16% more than the US dollar price. This is vey steep.

I'm OK to pay using US $, but the site automatically chooses to pay using India Rupee if I select the Country as India.

Can I change the country to US to pick and pay using US $. If not then, what other option to get the India pricing close the US $?

Thanks,

Prem