pixelstuff

Affinity Photo - pallets won't resize when next to Histogram or Color

In version 1.5.0.45 resizable pallets such as the Navigator or Layers pallet can't be resized vertically when they are next to the Histogram or Color pallets. Resize becomes possible again if you switch Histogram to another pallet such as Swatches or Brushes or completely remove the group.

Weird bug.

Would you be able to attach a screenshot of the way you have them set up so they do not resize please? I've tried the Layers and Colour Panels both side to side and tabbed with each other and the Layers Panel is re sizable without a problem. It is intentional that the Histogram and Colour Panel cannot be vertically resized, however all other panels should be.

AP-pallet-resize-problem.png

Even if the Histogram pallet is a fixed size, I would still expect the Navigator to pull the Histogram pallet up or down with it and the histogram pallet would in turn resize Layers pallet below. Essentially the way Photoshop handles it when fixed pallets are in the stack.

Thanks for the screenshot!  I've reproduced it now - it seems like it only ever resizes the middle panel, which as Histogram and Colour are fixed, it won't allow for that. I will pass it onto development as an improvement that it should resize the others whilst maintaining the fixed size of those two.