You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've the same problem here.
Some NIK plug-ins work perfect, others (like vivenza)  does not. Color is really purple.
Second problem I have is the orientation in all NIK plugins.
Whatever I do, the orientation only drops the landscape in, the Portrait is somehow not working. (All pictures are turned back)
Vivenza2 is one of the tools most used by me with Photoshop.
Local editing and correction work perfect inhere.

I can confirm that portrait oriented images display rotated to landscape for me also.

I may have missed it but it would be nice to see an acknowledgement that this bug is being addressed.

Cheers.

John.

John, at least one other thread "bemoaning" this is https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/29288-image-when-viewed-in-plugins-is-rotated/

Win 10 Pro, i7 6700K, 32Gb RAM, NVidia GTX1660 Ti and Intel HD530 Graphics

Long-time user of Serif products, chiefly PagePlus and PhotoPlus, but also WebPlus, CraftArtistProfessional and DrawPlus.  Delighted to be using Affinity Designer, Photo, and now Publisher, version 1 and now version 2.

iPad Pro (12.9") (iOS 17.4) running Affinity Photo and Designer version 1 and all three version 2 apps.

• 2 weeks later...

Hmm, separate from the rotation bug, there is something strange with the color.
The moment I zoom in 2 100% in Vivenza, the color turns to be correct.
And edit here is als correct transferred to Affinity.
However, any other scale other than 100% messes all up.
Looks like a scale bug which does not provide the right color settings.

If the rotation & Color bugs are solved, I think I can leave Photoshop Elements.
Up to now it is pretty hard to get the production to a fast level.

• 5 months later...

Viveza 2 and the date 2012 !!

Oddly: Recordings with my Canon IXUS until the date 21.12.2011 are displayed correctly by Viveza. From 1.1.2012 (???) and newer on the other hand the displayed pictures under Viveza appear very pale.

The same bad result (pale displayed picture) is also found with pictures taken with the iPhone SE and the iPad Pro.

Pictures of my Canon EOS 700D show the same result. With raw files (16 bit) I get even a strong color tinge.

I uploaded many test pictures from the internet: some cannot be edited with Viveza (pale representation), while others have no problems with opening with Viveza.

On the other hand, the pictures of my Panasonic Lumix are with Viveza o.k.

My conclusion: The change of the date from 2011 to 2012 (and further) seems to have an effect on Viveza (unfortunately it does not help to delete the exif files with the date or export images to another format). And it may only affect images of certain cameras.

Perhaps this will help the developers of Affinity Photo to find a solution.

post-32342-0-80142100-1495905681_thumb.jpg

post-32342-0-59297500-1495905703_thumb.jpg

Win10 HP i7 - AD (Win), AP (Win), APub (Win), AD (iPad), AP (iPad),
Affinity Photo for iPad Pro - the best app I ever had
excuse my bad English

• 1 year later...
On 12/26/2016 at 1:07 PM, MEB said:

Hi WMax70,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are aware of both issues with Nik plugins (and others) regarding the orientation and the colour issues with Viveza. We are looking into this.

Thanks for the heads-up.

New Niktools from DXO

First sight all worked perfect, but it seemed I worked with very small files
After further testing, it still does not work with high res files
The High res files still fail....
With high res files no noticeable difference is seen.

Where I made people happy before that is now works..sorry,... it still does not with high res files

Are you guys on Windows? My Viveza 2 works ok from what I can see, no portrait rotation, no washed out colours etc I'm on Mac.

What do you call Hi-Res?

iMac 27" 2019 Somona 14.3.1, iMac 27" Affinity Designer, Photo & Publisher V1 & V2, Adobe, Inkscape, Vectorstyler, Blender, C4D, Sketchup + more... XP-Pen Artist-22E, - iPad Pro 12.9  
B| (Please refrain from licking the screen while using this forum)

Affinity Help - Affinity Desktop Tutorials - Feedback - FAQ - most asked questions

10 minutes ago, firstdefence said:

Are you guys on Windows? My Viveza 2 works ok from what I can see, no portrait rotation, no washed out colours etc I'm on Mac.

What do you call Hi-Res?

1) Yes I'm on Windows
2) High res is the import of the original RAW file fro a Nikon 750 in my case. (24 MPix)

DxO Vivenza2 starts w/o any problem, but in DxO vivenza2 the colors are washed out, this even changes if you zoom in or out.
At a certain point of zoom in (100%) the correct colors are shown. But than I'm already in such details that moment that I hardly only can work on detailed level.
The preview in the right lower corner is ok.
It has to do with some data processing from Affinity. The plug-in works correct in Elements 13.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2016 at 1:07 PM, MEB said:

Hi WMax70,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

We are aware of both issues with Nik plugins (and others) regarding the orientation and the colour issues with Viveza. We are looking into this.

Thanks for the heads-up.

Dear MEB,

Do you know if there is already some progress (after 1,5 year?)
Specially now DxO continues the plug-ins, it might be a very interesting option to support.

• Staff

Hi WMax70,
There's improvements to the EXIF/metadata in v1.7 that may fix the incorrect orientation issues with certain plugins. Regarding Viveza i don't know if the issue can be fixed from our side or if we will need some help from DxO. Since the Nik Collection is now supported and in development again i do hope it can be fixed somehow. I know it's not much but that's all i know at the moment.

11 hours ago, MEB said:

Hi WMax70,
There's improvements to the EXIF/metadata in v1.7 that may fix the incorrect orientation issues with certain plugins. Regarding Viveza i don't know if the issue can be fixed from our side or if we will need some help from DxO. Since the Nik Collection is now supported and in development again i do hope it can be fixed somehow. I know it's not much but that's all i know at the moment.

Thanks for you reply.
Good to read that the team al least looked at it. 
Maybe a stupid question from my side, but the plug-ins are working with Adobe CS3 and up, Elements, Dxo themself.
Vivenza2 is also partly working with  Affinity, but the other nik plugins do not have any issue. 
The other Nik plug-ins from Dxo also work fluently except Vivenza2. 
Only when I have smaller file (2056x2056 pixels or close to this and all lower) work perfect in Vivenza2. It is happening on my orginal size images.
So it my be an issue with the DxO vivenza2 plug-in, but I'm still a bit confused why it works w/o a problem with eg Adobe.
At least I really hope it will be fixed, because this is still one of the major plug-in for which I still swap to Adobe elements today.

Second point of using Adobe Elements is the read-out of the camera settings in the raw convertor. 
It also would save me a lot of time it the settings would already be set when I open the Raw file. 
Then I'm at least close to what I shot. (wrt sharpness, color & white balance, exposure and noise reduction)
But that is another topic.

I'll keep on waiting for a solution... thanks

3 hours ago, WMax70 said:

So it my be an issue with the DxO vivenza2 plug-in, but I'm still a bit confused why it works w/o a problems with eg Adobe.

Basically, it is because the NIK plugins (as well as many others) were designed from the beginning to work with Adobe's plug-in interface, which supports several things that are not available in Affinity Photo's plug-in interface. One of the reasons things like this cannot easily be fixed from the Affinity side without help from the plug-in developers is the Affinity apps are quite a bit different from the Adobe ones "under the hood" at the code level, so some of the things the plug-in tries to get the Affinity code to do may have no equivalent in that code. It is sort of like trying to run an executable Windows file on a Mac or use a Mac OS framework on a Windows computer, if that makes any sense.

Or the even simpler tl;dr version: the plugins & the Affinity don't speak the same language, so much can get lost in translation.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7