You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Trapezoid shape - other way up?

I was adding text to an image in Photo. I wanted to use the trapezoid shape tool to create a shape to put the text in, but I couldn't find a way to insert a trapezoid that is wide at the top and narrow at the bottom - they only seem to come the other way round. I could rotate it to get it the other way up, but then if I use the frame text tool to insert text in the shape, it comes out upside down. Isn't there a way to get a trapezoid that tapers the other way in the first place? 

Ian

(PS - I solved my immediate need by converting the shape to curves and pulling it to the shape I needed, but is there another way?)

Have you tried turning your screen upside down?  :)

High-End Photographic Prints

Sorry - I couldn't resist :)

Ian,

in the transform palette, set the rotation point to the center, then set 180 degrees in the rotation "R" input field

BINGO  :)

UPDATE:

Oh, I just re-read your post and saw the problem with doing that :(

Could you not just create the text on a separate layer - that works for me.

It seems there is no in-built way of creating an upside down trapezoid.

If you create the text on a new layer then resize it - yes, it will stay within the shape?

Okay, a couple workarounds come to mind. (Certainly a Trapezoid tool where top and bottom are adjustable is preferred.....)

1) Draw a Trapezoid. Flip vertical. Adjust how you want it. Draw a little square (or whatever) inside of it. Boolean add. Voila.

2) Draw a Trapezoid. Flip vertical. Adjust how you want it. Draw a square and snap it's points to the trapezoid's points.

(I think #2 is what DesignMeister is saying) 

Yes :)