Lee3

Crash 2nd time help is accessed

I can confirm this crash on my Win 7 64 bit Service Pack 1 system.

Reproduce:

1. Start Affininity Photo (Version 1.5.0.45)

2. Press F1 or go to Help > Help (Hilfe > Hilfe on german system)

=> Help opens

3. Close Help

4. Repeat step 2

=> Crash

Reproducibility: 100%

Dell Vostro 3560 i7-3612QM @ 2.10 GHz, 8GB RAM

I just tried it and it effectively crashes the second time help windows is closed. Ap 1.5.0.45, Windows 10

Window 10 - 16 Gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Does it look not crash if the 2 'opens' are close together in time, or even minutes apart?

Time does not appear to matter, AP crashes second time Help is accessed, easy to reproduce.

(AP is paid for version, Windows 8)

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Thanks for the reports, we'll get this fixed shortly.

Hi Mark

You have posted today on https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/31271-affinity-photo-windows-10-crash/that a fix for this history caused crash will be available "in customer beta" this week.

I don't understand the meaning of this phrase - please see my post re this on above link.

Regards

Ian.

A "customer beta" is one that you need to be a customer to install. This is different to the free beta open to anyone that we ran before launch.

The Windows customer beta needs the same Product key (and email) to install as the release version and will run side by side with the release version. Any customer who wants to try the customer beta may do so, knowing that it is a beta build with the provisos that go with that. A beta build will eventually time out, but normally the full release (patch) or another beta will come out before that can happen.

Patrick Connor
Serif (Europe) Ltd.

Latest releases on each platform 

The same problems still exist in consumer beta .46.

Windows error code: 0x80131509

Window 10 - 16 Gb - Intel I7 - 8700 - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

Just adding to the list. I installed AP 1.5.0.45 on Win 7 64 bit yesterday. Program crashed on second opening of help but my addition is that it today it crashes all the time if any attempt is made to open help. I trust an update will be automatic.

Regards to all

Hey Clembo99, welcome to the Affinity Forums :)

I was getting a recurring crash too but can't reproduce that now. Updates aren't automatic but the app will notify you when an update is available. 

Hi Chris B

Thanks for prompt reply re update.  I am used to clicking "help" in programs or aps and finding "Check for update" and your system does not have one so was wondering if I had to go walk about to find one when it was available.  Will sit on hands now and wait - especially as at the moment I am clicking help a lot B).   Videos are good though!

I notice my W10 system does the same, the crash the second time I try to access the help file.  AP also seems to crash on my computer if I have a photo open (a CR2 file) and open the help menu I get an instant crash.  I am on AP 1.5.0.45,