You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Is there a way to (globally) reassign the right mousebutton to sth else? With the Wacom-Pen that does not really work so well and thus I miss out on several shortcuts. But the mousebutton seems not to be available in the shortcuts settings. 

Lol. I know the feeling... :)

We are still looking into that last option. For some things it's not that practical... but for now that's how things are working.

Is the Win-Key not available as a modifier? That is what I would have expected... With AHK I can access any key on the keyboard.

Edit: AHK was a great idea for me :) I don't use the Win-Key for anything anyway, so I simply globally remapped the Win-Key to do, what the right mouse button does. Usually this would open a context menu which might come in handy anyway. In Affinity-Apps now it replaces the right Mousekey as the missing modifier key analogous to Mac "Ctrl"

*~LWin::RButton

Thanks MEB for the clarification, I suspected as much, but I would never have sussed the right mouse button, so that has probably just stopped the PC going through the window.

FWIW, a long time ago a certain Apple visionary who I will not name (but his initials are S.J.) thought a two button mouse was an unnecessary & confusing complication to a GUI. When it finally became obvious even to him that a two (or more) button mouse was not something that would bewilder typical Mac users, for a time Apple still had to support the ones who were using the one-button mouses (mice?) that came with older Macs.

So they needed a way to to support them as well as users with newer Macs that came with two-button Apple mice. Since the Control key on Macs of that era was not used for much, not unreasonably they decided to use the Control key plus the single button press for that. Believe it or not, it is still by default supported in Mac OS X, even for Apple two-button mice, which is why it can be problematic for developers trying to maintain cross-platform parity.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

I don't use the Win-Key for anything anyway

I can't imagine not using the WinKey (with D to show the Desktop, E to open an Explorer window, and R for a 'Run' box, to name but a few)!

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Maybe Affinity could make that modifier also an option, so anybody could find sth suitable or leave it at default. I found though, that there are not many shortcuts that use that modifier anyway, so could easily be individually reassigned to sth. else completely. 

I can't imagine not using the WinKey (with D to show the Desktop, E to open an Explorer window, and R for a 'Run' box, to name but a few)!

Yeah, every workflow is so very different... I virtually never need to show the desktop because I don't keep icons on it, I don't use explorer but freecommander, the run-box I use so little that I can happily use the mouse to open it etc. ;)