- S -

How Do You Change The UI Font Size In Affinity Photo?

How do you change the User Interface font size in Affinity Photo (1.5.0.45) on Windows? 

According to the help file, the option should be in Edit > Preferences > User Interface > Font UI Size, but it appears to be missing?

post-29590-0-30710200-1481289658_thumb.png

Hey Dasim,

Ah, I believe that is a Mac only feature and has been left in the Help for Windows. I'm so sorry. I'll have to pass that over to the docs team.

For Windows, you would have to increase the DPI in Display Settings. 

Dasim,

You aren't missing much. On Macs there are just two Font UI Size choices, Default & Large, & Large is only a little larger than default.

Affinity Photo 1.7.1, Affinity Designer 1.7.1, Affinity Publisher 1.7.1; macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM
Affinity Photo 1.7.1.143 & Affinity Designer 1.7.1.1 for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iOS 12.3.1

Again-just to refresh above subject: would be really good NOT to rely on windows scaling exclusively...

cheers,

AF Photo+Designer+Publisher and their betas on Win10 x64+AmdFX+24GB RAM

+1

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

+1

This is a serious drag to not have this ability for high resolution monitors on Windows!  Please prioritize.  Thank you kindly!

Affinity Photo & Designer

Windows 10 64 bit. nVidia1080ti, 64GB RAM, i7 4.XK proc, Wacom Intuos Medium Tablet.

Major Problem with Affinity Photo not having effective Font Scaling for 4K High Resolution Monitors for plugins such as Google NIC Collection. 

For example:  I'm using Windows 10, and I have my windows fonts scaled to 300.  Thus I'm able to have beautiful font scaling and viewing for all my programs including Affinity Photo. 

HOWEVER when I attempt to use Google NIC Collection plugins, the text sized is so small as to be unreadable and unusable.  This font scaling problem has previously been reported to you, yet you've not solved the problem.  NOTE well that merely increasing the font scaling within window 10 does NOT solve the problem.  Affinity has to solve this problem for plugins.  Note also that I'm using the upgraded 2018 version of the Google NIC Collection.  Please advise us as to whether Affinity can solve this problem within the Affinity programs, or whether it has to collaborate with Google NIC to solve the problem. 

Please take this problem seriously and advise us as to what you are doing to solve this major issue...and provide us with a reasonable time frame for a solution. 

As you are aware, Google NIC Collection is a plugin used by many people, so this issue is serious.  One approach may be to force plugin programs such as NIC to effectively use Windows 10 font scaling rather than its own. 

On the positive side of the ledger, Affinity Photo is an excellent program, and if it continues to increase its capabilities, other programs such as Photoshop may be in trouble.  Their "greed" may catch up with them. 

Edited by wolfchen
puctuation error

I also am having problems with the font in NIK plugin, would love to know how to fix on windows 10. It works great on my wife's mac

I am new to Affinity Photo; working my way through the video tutorials, which are exceptional -- thank you!

My computer is a Mac Mini (Late 2012) running macOS High Sierra v. 10.13.5  with Intel HD Graphics 4000 1536 MB and a 27" Thunderbolt display.

I am customizing my Workspace in the Photo Persona under Affinity Photo | Preferences | User Interface | Font UI Size.

I only see 2 options -- Default & Large.  Large is not large enough.

Is there a way to enlarge further the Icon and text (labels/titles) size?

(I am not referring to creating icons, just making it so the ones built into the application can be made larger, along with the text labels/titles in the Studio views -- like they are in the Beginner Tutorial Videos in Vimeo).  Thank you.