You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Tablet Recommendation for Novice

bgarrant

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry if this seems like cross-posting, but I posted this UGEE M1000L tablet (made by Huion), and got no reply, so I went ahead and bought it, as I had store credit which would have run out. Then I saw this found this thread.
I would appreciate some comment as it's a 4000lpi as opposed to the Huion 1060Plus which is 5080. Will that make much difference to a first time tablet user?

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

• 3 weeks later...
Hello everyone,

I would like to buy a Wacom Bamboo tablet, but I do not understand the differences between the 3 models ... Folio, Spark, Slate ...

With which model can I import pictures in my notes directly with the tablet as in the Bamboo Paper application? ... even Wacom does not answer clearly to this question ...

Thank you for your answers...

(Google translation)

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys,

I'm looking for an entry-level-tablet and just finished my research which left me with three devices. Those are:

- XP-Pen Star 03

- Huion H610Pro

- Huion 1060 Plus

Since I am a novice I would love to know which of these devices you would recommend. I also created a strawpoll, to collect the feedback from across the web, so feel free to give it a click ; )

Cheers,

Jan

I have just ordered a Parblo Island A609 graphics tablet, after having dumped my Ugee M708. [it died].

The Parblo A609 has had some very good reviews. But I will let you know how good it is in a few days time. :P 

I wanted to say thank you for the feedback so far <3

I have just ordered a Parblo Island A609 graphics tablet, after having dumped my Ugee M708. [it died].

The Parblo A609 has had some very good reviews. But I will let you know how good it is in a few days time. :P

I didn't buy anything yet, so I am quite interested in your review.

Well. I got my Parblo A609 G.T.

It is well constructed for a cheapish tablet, (£69.00).

It doesn't move about on the desk due to rubberised feet, the pen is battery free so no batteries to replace or recharge. 2048 levels of pressure whatever that means.

And you don't have to use the pen upright you can draw with it up to + or - 60 deg of tilt. 

It stated in the user guide that there are spare pen nibs but I can't find mine, I have emailed Parblo with no joy yet.

One review said that there are four programmable buttons but only three could be programmed. I found that all four can be programmed.

I have one button to open AD and one to open AP. I haven't decided what to do with the other two yet! Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Overall it's not a bad tab for the price with a 9"x6" working area, I am quite pleased with it.

• 2 weeks later...

Which Wacoms in the medium size have the tilt sensitivity?

Michael

------
AD 1.7.1, AP 1.7.1;Hhave ADW, Serif PagePlus X8 and X9 on an old PC
iMac Retina 5K, 27 inch, Late 2015, 3.2Ghz i5, 8GB 1867Mhz DDR3, AMD Radeon R9 M380 2GB; 1TB HDD, macOS Mojave 10.14.5

Wacom Intuos 5 Pro (wireless - without lagging).

Visit my site: TechniSmart (when I ever find time to work on it)

• 9 months later...

Probably better to start with something on the cheaper end of the scale as some people find them difficult to use initially and end up going back to using the Mouse. I started with a Wacom Bamboo (£49) and loved it. I would say my graphic making is more than a hobby and soon found I needed something with a bit more flexibility/versatility and splashed out on an Intuous Pro, Medium. Expensive Yes (everything is expensive in the UK) around £300 back in 2013 but worth every penny.