You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I do not currently have a camera that shoots RAW so I have nothing to compare your results to. Sorry.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, shojtsy said:

I am also very much interested in getting a fix for this. I can't replace LR without a working shadows/highlights adjustment. Happy to see that others are also noticing the issue.

I’m in exactly the same situation, though ON1 RAW 2018 is looking good.

On 10/25/2017 at 0:22 PM, MEB said:

Hi conrad2k,
This issue is already assigned but wasn't fixed yet. I've bumped our report and added a link to this thread. Hopefully this will bring some attention to this issue.
Thanks for your support.

I really like AP (especially iPad version, I think it's brilliant), but I really cannot wait for any longer for the issue to resolve. I'm seeking a refund. Personally, I think it's highly irresponsible to ask from (working) photographers to wait that long. In the end, you have shipped a flawed product and I paid with real money.

6 hours ago, conrad2k said:

I’m in exactly the same situation, though ON1 RAW 2018 is looking good.

LUMINAR 2018 (with DAM) looks good too !!

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

I don't understand - great program with so many features and a problem like this - not solved for two years. The RAW develop is one of the most important part of photo editing - and the shadow/highlight sliders are used all the time. All new things in new version are worth nothing without solving this problem! I bought Affinity, but I shot RAW and AP is worthless to me....

1 hour ago, wojtek_c said:

I don't understand - great program with so many features and a problem like this - not solved for two years. The RAW develop is one of the most important part of photo editing - and the shadow/highlight sliders are used all the time. All new things in new version are worth nothing without solving this problem! I bought Affinity, but I shot RAW and AP is worthless to me....

+1

For the moment I'm using RawTherapee (GNU Freeware) for my RAW development 

Affinity Photo  2.3.1

Laptop MSI Prestige PS42
Windows 11 Home 23H2 (Build 22631.3007) - Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8565U CPU @ 1.80GHz   2.00 GHz - RAM 16,0 GB

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I decided to download the trial version this past weekend to see if Affinity would be a good replacement for Photoshop.  As I was editing photos, I experienced the same issue discussed in this thread.  I did a search and found this forum thread as a result of trying to find an answer.  I don't know if the trial version is different from the full paid version but I am having the same problem.  I don't want to purchase the app to find out.

• Staff
13 minutes ago, wmsj777 said:

I decided to download the trial version this past weekend to see if Affinity would be a good replacement for Photoshop.  As I was editing photos, I experienced the same issue discussed in this thread.  I did a search and found this forum thread as a result of trying to find an answer.  I don't know if the trial version is different from the full paid version but I am having the same problem.  I don't want to purchase the app to find out.

wmsj777

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums.

The latest Windows trial 1.6.4.104 available here is the same as the retail version 1.6.4.104

The latest Mac trial 1.6.6 available here is not yet the same as the retail version 1.6.7, (which includes a rewrite of this algorithm).

I suggest that if possible you try this function on a Windows PC, as by the time the Mac trial version has caught up, your 10 days trial period will be up.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff
Just now, wmsj777 said:

Thank you Patrick.  I was using the Windows version and was getting the same issue.  Any suggestions?

I suggest that you are not seeing the same issue that we fixed, or our fix does not work for your case. :( You could make a new thread in the bugs on Windows forum if you are willing to share our file and the steps you took.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon