You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Update for affinity photo 1.5 is not visible for my MacBook

• Staff

Hi affiom,

Do you still have the e-mail/receipt Apple sent you after buying the app on the Mac App Store? If so you can always get in touch with Apple support to get help with this issue. If you are sure you bought it using the same Apple ID you are currently signed-in try this: copy Designer.app to an external USB drive/pen, then drag the version you have in the Applications folder to the Trash and empty it. Reboot the computer and try to install it again from the Mac App Store - the button should display Install rather than Open. If everything goes fine you can delete the copy you have made to the USB drive/pen. If not get in touch with Apple support and they will be able to help you sort this out.

The problem is that the price is showing on a blue button when I clic on the app in the App Store. 

When I clic on it, I have a new green button "buy the app" and then I need to enter my password to confirm the buy.

And I refuse to pay again ...

It really irritating me .... 

15 minutes ago, affiom said:

The problem is that the price is showing on a blue button when I clic on the app in the App Store. 

When I clic on it, I have a new green button "buy the app" and then I need to enter my password to confirm the buy.

And I refuse to pay again ...

It really irritating me .... 

Best to get in touch with Apple then. If you have the original purchase details (they will have you on record anyway) I'm sure they can help.

Macintosh sales and upgrades are all handled by Apple, not Serif. So there is nothing Serif can do.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.

57 minutes ago, affiom said:

Do you have any contact number or email ?

In the App Store app home page, in the "Quick Links" section, look for the "Support" link. Click that & a web page should open in your browser. It may vary from country to country but there should be a 'Get help with your purchases' section of some sort if you scroll down the page. I suggest trying that. 

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7