You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

[APh] PSD Rasterize Export improvement

Guys congrats on the 1.5 launch, amazing and incredible improvements, Affinity is changing the landscape, very exciting times!

Here's suggestion for improving the way AP handles AP>PSD exporting, along with another issue I've posted about where AP crops layers it rasterizes — don't crop my layers even if you need to rasterize them! :)  Anyway, it would be great to have an app preference to allow more granularity when rasterizing unsupported layers from AP into PSD from the point of view of non-destructive editing.

The current behavior rasterizes both the source layer and any associated Live Filters/etc not supported by PSD format. This obviously destroys the original source layer as it has to be rasterzied. In the interest of preserving a non-destructive workflow, what I'm proposing would do the same thing, but leave the original source layer in the layer stack, either deactivated under the newly rasterized layer and renamed original layer name - rasterized, or group the newly rasterized layer and source layer in a folder on the stack while leaving the source layer turned off, and name the group original layer name - rasterized and the other layers appropriately. In this way, one retain some editablity of the rasterized layer in relation to it's original state – for example I can control it's opacity and be able to scale back the no-longer-editable live effect, and of course I have access to the original layer in case I want to try something else in PSD...

Thanks for your consideration and thank you for your amazing efforts! 

2021 16” Macbook Pro w/ M1 Max 10c cpu /24c gpu, 32 GB RAM, 1TB SSD, Sonoma 14.4.1

2018 11" iPad Pro w/ A12X cpu/gpu, 256 GB, iPadOS 17