You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

How do I do batch editing?

I just purchased affinity photo for windows since I have been looking for a photoshop replacement for some time. This seemed to fit my needs so I got the beta as soon as it was available. However in the beta I could not figure out how to edit multiple images simultaneously. In photoshop I could pull up a RAW file and do my edits and then copy and apply to all the other RAW files in the list. It saved so much time since I did not have to edit each and every image. I found something called "new batch job" and tried using that but nothing happened. I assumed it was a feature not available in the beta. After the release though I tried again and still nothing. How exactly do I do this in Affinity? I googled and sites kept saying the 1.5 update added it to the mac version. Is it on the windows version as well?

Also a side note. Is it me or does it seem to run slower than photoshop for opening and doing pretty much anything? I have a windows 7 machine and opening the same images and performing tasks seem faster in photoshop than Affinity. I do plan on upgrading my pc soon so hopefully the issue will go away.

I cannot stand the subscription model that adobe is doing so I really want to learn how this works so I can completely switch over and do all my work with the two affinity programs. I have no complaints about the designer version. It is great. But photo has me a bit worried...

Thank you

• Staff

Welcome to the forum Proto93 :)

The Batch Processing feature is available in the Windows version of Affinity Photo. We also have a video tutorial showing how this feature works: https://vimeo.com/album/4294720/video/192599431

If you would like us to look into your speed issue, please provide more information - we'll investigate :)

I did some hardware upgrades so I will see how it performs after final exams. That batch editing was not what I had in mind. I meant something like this https://youtu.be/G_ESIB0YQfM?t=2m16s

As you can see you can adjust things like exposure, color balance, shadows, etc on the right. Then you can copy those settings to other images. The one in affinity makes it seem like you have to open an image, do your edits, make a macro, then go to new batch job and select the images to apply. As you can see that is a lot of steps. And also not every image may turn out good and would need slight tweaks which you can do by clicking the thumbnail. This is the kind of functionality I am looking for. Is this possible?

Thank you

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

It's not possible to open and edit several RAW images at the same time like in the video but you can create your own Presets in the Develop Persona. These Presets can be used again with other RAW images in the Develop Persona.