Downunder Wolf

Unable to view library panel

I am using Affinity under Windows 10  and I do not get an entry for "Library" when I select View/Studio so I cannot proceed to install the micros into a library! Can you help, please.

The "Help" menu does not acknowledge the word "Macro" so that's no help really.

Peter

Yes it was ticked in the menu view > studio > library. the only way I could get it to be visible was close AF then then re-open it

Go to Affinity Photo ▸ Preferences..., Miscellaneous section and press Reset Default Users Defaults button. You will lost any interface customisation you may have made but hopefully it will fix the issue. Let me know if you still have trouble.

I cannot view the library panel on my iMac (27 inch, late 2012), running OS X 10.12.3.  That is in spite of downloading a fresh copy of Affinity Photo 1.5.1 from the App Store and following your Reset instructions posted 10 December 2016.  There is a View-> Studio -> Library entry, but checking/unchecking that entry has no effect.  Re-starting Affinity Photo did not help.

In contrast, I can view the library panel (and install the macro pack) on my MacBook Air (13 inch, mid 2011), also running OS X 10.12.3.   

Just downloaded 1.6 for Mac (High Sierra, iMac, single monitor).  Never used macros before-trying to load gifts.  I went to View->and checked Library.  Where am I supposed to see it show up/access?  I think I loaded the macro by double-clicking it, and got an acknowledgement.  But where is the Library Panel to access macros?  "Help" shows what it looks like but assumes it is already accessed, but how do you get to it?  It is not in the View dropdown menu, nor any other dropdown menus.  It is not in any of the tabs on the right-hand side.

On 12/10/2016 at 0:30 AM, Downunder Wolf said:

Yes it was ticked in the menu view > studio > library. the only way I could get it to be visible was close AF then then re-open it

That's what I came back to report- when I tried it a second time, it worked and I got the screen (as well as the macro one), and then was able to dock to the tabs upper right.  I guess it was still tired from being downloaded when I tried the first time :)

I've recently installed Affinity Designer and also wanted to install the macros. On going to View>Studio, there is no 'library' visible. I've tried resetting default users defaults as suggested above but nothing.