mitchm

Takes too long to load

Hi Guys,

I've recently bought both versions of the software Photo and Designer, great software and I decided to use this and begin the slow drop off from Adobe Products.

So in having said this.... one place this needs improvement is loading time.

Sorry but it's too long to load, it's almost if not longer than a full blown copy of Illustrator or Photoshop in loading time.

Both installs of equivalent Adobe offerings are double the size in install size and theoretically should take longer to load but they don't.

I believe that they probably have more optimised codebase.

I am finding it frustrating that I feel I need to keep a copy of Photo and Designer open the whole time so that if I need to load an asset it loads quickly... but if the programs are closed and I want to open them it really does take a long time.... almost frustratingly slow.

I have a good spec machine also

Alienware 16GB, i7 4th Gen 512GB SSD

Something needs to be done, please optimise the startup times so that we can get to work quicker and not have to wait so long for startup times...

Looking forward to a bright future.

your right it is slow starting up in windows and mac.But I do most of my internet stuff on my ipad so I also leave Designer loaded on my

windows desktop and Photo on my mac.It would be good though if they loaded faster.

Hope they resolve it soon.

…got a mail today that AP 1.5 is out!

I updated it but now your post almost made

me regret it…

I just tested it and:

11 seconds to get the splash screen and

3 more for the app UI to be ready.

On my MacPro, fast enough!

www.kodiakmedia.at

TeamViewer: 668 015 544

If personal taste is involved,           Light is free,                       Mother Nature provides the light
discussion is pointless.                   capturing it is NOT.               but talent renders the image.
                                                                                                                        (Charlychuck)

I also bought both Affinity Deisnger& Photo software is good but Designer loads approx 8 to 12 mins to load and same as Photo and it really sucks.

3 minutes ago, Umar said:

I also bought both Affinity Deisnger& Photo software is good but Designer loads approx 8 to 12 mins to load and same as Photo and it really sucks.

Sounds like you may have a lot of fonts installed. 

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.238 Beta

41 minutes ago, walt.farrell said:

Sounds like you may have a lot of fonts installed. 

You are right around 5,500 fonts installed but Illustrator CC loads in 40 seconds.

3 hours ago, Umar said:

You are right around 5,500 fonts installed but Illustrator CC loads in 40 seconds.

With that number of fonts you'll need to use a font manager to get acceptable loading times with the 1.6 version of the Affinity applications.

1.7 is faster in that regard, but I don't know if it will be fast enough for you. The beta applications are available and you could try them to see what kind of improvement they offer 

-- Walt

Windows 10 Home, version 1809, 16GB memory, Intel Core i7-6700K @ 4.00Gz
Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Designer 1.6..5.123 and 1.7.0.243 Beta
Affinity Publisher 1.7.0.238 Beta