You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've been trying out the new version today having given up previously because of poor export options, I see they've been greatly improved!

I would like to use the right workflow for exporting for Android assets. I saw that you can choose lots of options to get for example an .imageset folder for Xcode and this is really great. Android assets are split into sub folders though and there are often 4 or more to create at odd scale factors.

What is the best way to do this so I don't have to set up all these scale factors and name all the separate folders I want to export to every time I create a new asset and slice? I saw you can save presets, but can you add and/or create export packages like the one which creates the .imageset package for iOS?

Any help on the correct workflow will be gratefully received.

• Staff

I can't get to my Mac to give firm instructions at this moment, but exporting to folders can be done by simply giving the export name a preceding 'foldername\exportname' and exports can specify specific widths, heights or scales, so I'd imagine you can do what you're looking for. You should also be able to save new export configurations to reapply.... I'll look into this more tomorrow morning and report back, but thought that might give you enough ideas to give it a try in the meantime?

Thanks,

Matt

• Staff

Right, just tried it and it works as I expected...

In the Export Persona, select a slice, set it up with multiple exports, each of which has a different multiplier (0.75x, 0.5x, 0.25x, etc). This will now export the slice to many output files, auto-named with the correct suffix to denote its scale, but all into one folder.

post-5-0-59620100-1481272220_thumb.png

To set each export to go into a specific folder, click the name button to the right of each export item and a popup will appear. Just type at the start of the 'Path components' section your desired folder name followed by a '/'. Now when you export they will all go into their own folders as you asked for.

post-5-0-72322400-1481271872_thumb.png

Now with the slice itself selected, go to the little menu icon at the top right of that studio panel and choose 'Create export setup preset...' and give it a name (e.g. Android)

post-5-0-58466000-1481271977_thumb.png

Now you can select another slice and just simply choose the 'Android' export preset and it will apply that preset onto it, automatically creating the required export scales and initialising output folder information.

post-5-0-92356600-1481272101_thumb.png

Hope that's what you were looking for?

Thanks,

Matt