tsberlin

Photoshop Plugins not Working

Hi tsberlin

ALL of my 30 of my plug ins are seen and most work Topaz, nik etc..

May I respectfully suggest, before you blame the software, that you look under Preferences and add (or point) AP to the directory containing the 64-bit loaded plug ins? Then search the beta forum for plug ins?

Let me know...

thanks, P

Hi tsberlin,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Do you have checked Allow "Unknown" plugins to be used on the bottom of the Photoshop Plugins section in the Preferences dialog?

Note that Photoshop Plugin support is still being worked and should improve as we move forward. Not all plug-ins are currently working.

Which ones are you trying to use?

Hi,

I tried Arion FX, to work with my 32-bit EXR, but I noticed now, that Plugins, don't work in 32bit-Mode, so no ArionFX

(yes, I checked the "Unknown"-Option...and I cannot verify it here, because I cannot upload pics here n the forum)

....so no Tonemapping in the Moment...:'(

there is another bug(?) with EXR-Files. They came from 3dsmax totally white (thats okay...its overexposed). Switching into Tonemapper fixed this, and it changed in the right exposure...but then, when I tag the "Tone Compression"-Slider to a smaller value else 100%, it is again totally white an no value will change it. So, only 100% Tone Compression, but it this not the behaviour it should be. HDR-Files works, also with Tone Compression....

best, Thomas

CF Systems ColorPerfect doesn't work (crash or doesn't do anything)

Athentech Perfectly Clear doesn't work correctly (no preview)

Imagenomic Noiseware doesn't work (doesn't do anything, or it loads and seems OK but after clicking OK plugin is not applied to image)

Nik Color Efex seems to work _once_ (and then it doesn't do anything). This was actually better in the beta, so a regression.

Nik plugins are also listed as 'Working' and green in the plugin preferences in beta .42, while they are listed as 'unknown' and yellow in 1.5.0 final

NIK Plugins work in 8/16bit fine except for Viveza which has color issues at less than 100%

Topaz Labs plugins work fine except for ReMask which relies on automation so isn't supported.

Win 10 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch
 - Sys : Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

Hi all. So just bought Affinity photo, and sadly Arion FX isn't working with 32bit exr's. It's kinda key to my workflow.

I've tried switching to 16 bit, and although it then opens Arion FX, it seems to not function properly at all. Is there any kind of timeframe on when we could expect photoshop plugins to function properly ? Thanks in advance.

I'll be very sure that there is _no_ timeframe when they guarantee  _all_ plugins to work.

They just have to tackle things one by one to see why certain plugins aren't working and hope to fix it (and who knows, maybe that one fix helps with other plugins).

For instance, Nik HDR seems to properly recognize it should work in 32bit (no clue if it works or not, did not test) so the problems are different with all the plugins.

They focus'd on most of Nik (and topaz?) stuff which seems a good start.

They focus'd on most of Nik (and topaz?) stuff which seems a good start.

I agree, they seem to be two of the most popular plug-in suites, but both seem to be riddled with colour management bugs when used in Affinity Photo -- the three Topaz plugins I use (DeNoise, Detail and Adjust) get desaturated when I launch them from Photo (not so when I do that from Elements or PhotoLine), and Color Efex, Analog Efex and Viveza have a similar problem (Dfine and Sharpeners don't). You might not notice the problem on a regular-gamut monitor, but a wide-gamut device leaves no doubts about colour-management problems.

P.S. Topaz Adjust 5.2 (the latest) has a colour-management bug that has been reported by me and confirmed you can work around the bug in Photoshop or PhotoLine, but not in APhoto.

Why matters

I only use Topaz Denoise 6 (various other reasons) as it seems OK to use.

I believe at this moment (Windows 1.5.0.45) every Photoshop plugin from APhoto doesn't get the colorspace properly through from APhoto. So the plugins display the data assuming they were sRGB or something. If you use a (Strong) color monitor profile or the source image isn't sRGB but something different you notice it. I've seen reports from using Prophoto stuff that looks way washed out or desaturated (Which happens when you display prophoto or other wide-gamut stuff assuming it is srgb stuff). Some of my AdobeRGB scans look ok though in Nik so it seems to work there.

Just assume / hope it will get better down the line. There are a sh*tload of plugins out there so getting them all to work (while basically only having the PHotoshop plugin SDK docs to reverse to work with :P) costs time. And I'm thinking they didn't implement all calls yet for time-reasons, but I'm just guessing there.