You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo - Transformation with resample options

Hello everyone,

I've used the Affinity Photo for Windows beta version during the last few weeks and the feature I'm mostly missing (which gives me a unpleasing feeling when thinking about buying Affinity Photo for Windows now) is the possibility to transform objects or selections with a custom resample mode.

I know there is the document resize tool which gives me bilinear, nearest neighbour and what not as resampe options but I'm used to do those actions on a selection base not document-wise (which feels like an odd workaround to me when copying stuff to an empty document do the resizing and paste it back). Based on the options available for document resize I assume that the implementation details are already done and the only thing missing is providing a UI and apply the resampling to each transform action.

Perhaps I'm a bit spoiled using Photoshop but that is one of the essential features for me I'm missing and keeps me from throwing my money at you (actually it does not really prevents me to do so as I like the idea of a useful tool and alternative to adobe products I could get rid of Adobe much faster and a happy smile on my face when such a feature would be available)

Last but not least I might have missed an option, shortcut or preferences to set to achieve what I described so any hint on how to achieve it (not some workaround like I've mentioned) is appreciated =).

Best Regards