You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

2 Issues with Beta 45 - Develop Module

Possible issues:

1. In the develop module you cannot place measurement points on the image.

2. The Details slider in Noise Reduction is having no effect.

Some nice to haves:

1. The ability to "switch" the overlays on and off

2. The ability to save the overlays 

3. When using Curves can the panel be resizeable to make placing points easier and can Input and Output values of individual points be shown and adjustable

4. Can the channels histogram be resizeable

I can recover more highlight details using Affinity than other raw converters (DXO, NX-D, PhotoNinja).

A brilliant piece of software, can't wait to give you my money.

Pete

Hi BPMH,

I pointed out those 1 & 2 issues + a couple of other issues a while ago and didn't get any response. It seemed pretty obvious that the feature set for the develop module was not going to change for the product release, they have to cut dev somewhere. That's fair enough but it does mean that as there is no sidecar or equivalent anything set in the develop module becomes destructive after developing the raw. IMHO just not usable as it stands but they have to have some thing to upgrade!

Harrym,

You are right, this is also giving me the problem of duplicating raw settings across a series of images (in this case breaching whales) such that they all are "the same". To get round it I'm using either Photoninja or DXO as my raw develop (very easy to copy settings from one raw image to a series) then composite in Affinity Photo.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.