You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.5: New Video Tutorials

• Staff

Good day everybody! To support the huge release of Affinity Photo 1.5 on both macOS and Windows, we have 36 new video tutorials for you that cover most of the new features in great detail. In addition to that, 4 older videos have been revised and updated to match 1.5's new functionality.

We hope you enjoy the 1.5 update, it's a beefy one! Here are the videos you need to get started with its new functionality:

HDR

Tone Mapping

Focus Merging

Live Projections (360 editing, perspective projection)

OpenEXR support

OpenColorIO

Macros

Batch Processing

Clone Sources Panel

Raw Development Improvements

Apply Image

Equations Filter

Dust & Scratches Filter

Halftone Filter

Pixel Art Resizing

PSD round-tripping

Freehand Selections

Updated Older Videos

I hope these all prove useful to you in getting to grips with the new update - if you have any questions please ask.

Product Expert (Affinity Photo) & Product Expert Team Leader

@JamesR_Affinity for tutorial sneak peeks and more
Official Affinity Photo tutorials

Hi

Thank you for the tutorials, guess it is going to be a late night tonight :) .

Just a quick question (sorry if I'm posting  in the wrong place) do you know if there is going to be an instruction manual for Affinity Photo, similiar to the one produced for Affinity Designer? I prefer to have a hardcopy to work from.

Cheers.

• Staff

Hi

Thank you for the tutorials, guess it is going to be a late night tonight :) .

Just a quick question (sorry if I'm posting  in the wrong place) do you know if there is going to be an instruction manual for Affinity Photo, similiar to the one produced for Affinity Designer? I prefer to have a hardcopy to work from.

Cheers.

Hello, yes, a workbook for Photo is in progress (I think I'm allowed to say that  ;)) and should be available next year, not sure exactly when yet. In the meantime, don't forget to use the in-app help to look up tools and other functionality!

• Staff

Sorry James, there are a few more link issues

Batch Processing link is wrong and 2 links in  Raw Developments go to the wrong videos.

Wow, something went horribly wrong when copying and pasting those links, I've gone through and checked them all now, thanks again.

First of all: Affinity Photo is such a great piece of software. I really have learned to love it in a short time. So, I think I will stick to it from now on for two reasons: first is my photography hobby and my second is my illustration hobby / work. I can do same things in Affinity Photo as I have done in Photoshop and I like every part of it. I must say!

One other thing that I discovered yesterday was the truly excellent presentation of Affinity Photo and all the funktionalitets in the software on Vimeo. I mean, those videos are top quality pedagogic presentations of complex issues made easy (at least for me). The simple, clear, great voice over presentations in short or long enough videos are so easy to follow and I hear and understand every bit of it. I have great experience of the male voice over, it is really top quality in every respect; speed, phrasing, prononciation, pausing... I love it.

I have been teaching for 40 years and I have very critical eyes and ears on visual presentations. But your presentations are GOOD!

Thank You! 

Bought the Windows version of Affinity Photo yesterday. Watched the videos, but there's a lot that's different between the Mac and Windows versions so I'm not getting what I need from the Mac version demos. Are there Windows version demos anywhere?

Also, virtually anything in the Help tab doesn't work for me. I'm on Windows 10, so Edge is called up when I ask to see Tuturials or Support and both come back with this:

KgwP24Z.png

Bought the Windows version of Affinity Photo yesterday. Watched the videos, but there's a lot that's different between the Mac and Windows versions so I'm not getting what I need from the Mac version demos. Are there Windows version demos anywhere?

Also, virtually anything in the Help tab doesn't work for me. I'm on Windows 10, so Edge is called up when I ask to see Tuturials or Support and both come back with this:

KgwP24Z.png

Do you try to open Help from within Affinity Photo? I do it every time and there are absolutely no problems. I am also on Win 10 and also use Edge. The videos on Vimeo are easy to find and they are to find at this adress: https://vimeo.com/channels/875980 I do not find any differences in Win or Mac versions of AP in the videos. But maybe there are..?