You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo 1.5 has launched!

TonyB

Erm, where's the technical support forum? Bought it today, full of enthusiasm, and it won't install. Instantly get a failure 'setup cannot continue because a previous installation requires your computer to be restarted. Please restart your computer and rerun setup.' Hadn't downloaded the beta so it's not that, and of course after restarting I get exactly the same response - no delay at all, happens as soon as I click run. After the failure the program compatibility assistant opens 'If this program didn't install correctly try reinstalling using settings that are compatible with this version of Windows.' Eh? I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64bit. 

Hello,

You should probably post that here.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• Staff

Hi everybody and congratulations for such excellent product,

I just bought "Affinity Photo 1.5". Should I uninstall the "Beta 1.5.0.42" version prior to install it?

Best regards,

Hi amazo,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

Both installations are independent, so you are not forced to uninstall the Beta, however since it will end up expiring and it isn't the most up to date version i would advise you to uninstall it and use just the Retail.

I bought the new Photo 1.5.1 release for Mac today but I don't find the way to download the bonus pack of Macros.

How can I do?

Thanks

Hi edocont,

Go to menu Help ▸ Welcome..., there a page there with a link to download the free macro pack. Make sure your internet connection is not blocked.

• Staff

I have version 1.43 Cannot update too

Hi albertor,

Can you give us more details? Isn't the update listed in the Updates section the Mac App Store app? What says the button in from of the application in the Purchased tab?

Here's some things you can try to solve the issue:

- Press ⌘ (cmd) + R to refresh the Updates page

- Sign-out and sign-in again in the App Store app. Make sure you sign in with the same Apple ID used to purchase the application.

Are they serious? 40 USD for lifetime version with all updates? I do not believe that.

Hi FishermansFriend,

No, the updates are free until version 2.0. Minor updates (1.6, 1.7, 1.x) are free. Major updates are paid (2.0, 3.0 etc).

Congrats on the release guys. I'm a huge advocate for Affinity Designer/Photo. I'm an employee here at Ubisoft (game studio) and I've been talking about this application for over a month now. I've convinced everyone in my surrounding room, at work, to get rid of their Adobe subscriptions and change over to Affinity! So your consumer base is growing. 

Keep it going guys. Great stuff.

Will there be a updated trial (MAC) version before the sale ends? I downloaded a trial but still get Version 1.4.3. I am very interested in try the new features first :)

Thank you

Yes, no, maybe?

Sorry for my impatience, can't wait to try it out :)

Are they serious? 40 USD for lifetime version with all updates? I do not believe that.

No, the updates are free until version 2.0 which is a major update and will be a paid.

However, it should be noted that version 1.x will never expire, so you aren't forced to upgrade merely so that you can continue to use the program.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Hi albertor,

Can you give us more details? Isn't the update listed in the Updates section the Mac App Store app? What says the button in from of the application in the Purchased tab?

Here's some things you can try to solve the issue:

- Press ⌘ (cmd) + R to refresh the Updates page

- Sign-out and sign-in again in the App Store app. Make sure you sign in with the same Apple ID used to purchase the application.

Hi FishermansFriend,

No, the updates are free until version 2.0 which is a major update and will be a paid.

Just out of curiousity, how do the paid upgrades work for major releases (such as 2.0, 3.0, etc)?  Are you essentially paying the same price, or is there a discount for those that already have the software?

• Staff

agranam

Welcome to the Serif Affinity forums

Nobody? Not even a 'try posting somewhere else?' I just - apparently - wasted $40 on software that won't install and there's not a single source of technical support of the product? This is kinda depressing.....

Sorry, but this is an announcement thread, and it would appear that your important post was overlooked.

This is normal and sometimes takes 2-3 restarts to clear all the pending reboots that are lined up by updates. One other solution is to install in safe boot mode

Please start a new thread in the questions forum if this doesn't work.

We are a small British company, and do not offer 24 hour tech support, sorry. This close to launch we are all chipping in extra time, but normally you may need to be patient too. It's half midnight now, so further help will wait another day.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

• Staff

Now if someone makes some Affinity Photo Windows version demos, I'll be happy!

In a few weeks we will, and I hope all the users who are satisfied can encourage their friends to try it

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Hola. He comprado la aplicación en la App Store.

No puedo abrir un archivo RAW de mi Canon 5D MII. Se bloquea el iMac y se cierra la aplicación. Esto es un desastre.

Google Translate:

Hi. I bought the app in the App Store.

I can not open a RAW file from my Canon 5D MII. Your iMac is locked and the application is closed. This is a disaster.

Your post is likely to be overlooked in this announcement thread. Please start a new thread in the Bugs forum.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

In a few weeks we will, and I hope all the users who are satisfied can encourage their friends to try it

Great debut release! congrats!

This is the first ever serious challenger to Photoshop/Lightroom. About the only thing preventing me from ditching my Adobe subscription is the lack of a simple thumbnail browser at the bottom. No cataloguing features, no complications: just a simple thumbnail strip at the bottom that can be toggled on and off and points to a user-defined folder where pictures are stored.

Happy customer here. Absolutely great first release!